What song/album are you listening to right now?

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
What did the Rebel Yell sound like. Now we know. Lots of talking and explanation, but 3 instances of what it was like. The first, an old man 90 yrs old, in 1930 something North Carolina, then his voice multiplied with changes in treble etc, and then a confirmation of the yell from another old man who was then living in the West. Love it. The sound of history.

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Movie, Gettysburg. This is a scene halfway through Pickett's Charge, where 13000 Confederate troops made the attack. Just over 7000 returned to their lines after it failed. You can see why watching this clip. Very well researched and underappreciated movie that used several thousand Civil War Reenactors.

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Found this and haven't a clue what she's singing. I don't speak Kurdish. I assume it's about Kobane, the town in northern Syria. Good video, a mix of re-enactments and real combat scenes. The singer, Viyan Peyman, was killed in battle not long after this video was made, in I think 2015.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Found this and haven't a clue what she's singing. I don't speak Kurdish. I assume it's about Kobane, the town in northern Syria. Good video, a mix of re-enactments and real combat scenes. The singer, Viyan Peyman, was killed in battle not long after this video was made, in I think 2015.

The power of the human voice! This is the real deal. We don't need to speak Kurdish to understand the feeling she's expressing. Thank!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.