Jaspion

Level 16
Verified
Oh, great thread! Maybe you'll help me identify an old AV I used, probably back in the Win 95 days. All I remember is a nice GUI, which kind of looked like AVG's interface when it still had the thug virus graphics (anyone remember that?), and the name is shadier in my memory, maybe I'll recognize it if I see it (I could say it might have been an old version of Ikarus, but I could be way off).

This AVG and PC-Cillin came some time later, but were also some of my fist AVs. And McAfee & Norton too, came with a lot of PCs those days.

Last edited:

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff member
Oh, great thread! Maybe you'll help me identify an old AV I used, probably back in the Win 95 days. All I remember is a nice GUI, which kind of looked like AVG's interface when it still had the thug virus graphics (anyone remember that?), and the name is shadier in my memory, maybe I'll recognize it if I see it (I could say it might have been an old version of Ikarus, but I could be way off).

This AVG and PC-Cillin came some time later, but were also some of my fist AVs. And McAfee & Norton too, came with a lot of PCs those days.
eScan or Fprot had a similar GUI, maybe?