What's that game that turned you into a gamer?

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
What's THAT first game you played that made you love videogames? To which game do you owe your videogames love? How old were you?

In my case, it was Runescape! Also known as OldSchool Runescape now, since the version I used to play back then got updated so much they had to bring back the original version for nostalgic players. I was 11 years old and my cousing talked to me about this game he found. I created my first account on his house and my love for this game (and many more to come) started. I still play Runescape to this day, years and years after. It's a MMORPG.

1610727089505.png

Share your story!

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
My parents had an Atari 2600 when I was little. My dad had bought it for my mom when she had knee surgery so she wouldn’t be bored. I played a lot of Pitfall and Combat. Then my dad programmed some simple games on his 486 that my sister and I would play. The final hooks were actually Commander Keen and Math Blaster. I would play those as much as my parents would let me. I’ve been loving games ever since.

Edit: to be clear the Atari had been in storage for a bit, this was like 1990, I’m not quite old enough to have experienced the Atari when new. My first gaming obsessions were Super Mario Bros. And Warcraft Orcs and Humans.

Last edited:

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
My first experience was playing MS Flight simulator...Ever since that time I became hooked on games as a way of escapism and have loved them ever since.
Oh wow! I remember trying to figure that game out as a kid. I loved it, but I was so horrible at it. I didn't realize it was literally a simulator and you had to know startup orders and all that. I would just screw around until I got my Cessna in the air and would fly like a maniac until I stalled and crashed.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Oh wow! I remember trying to figure that game out as a kid. I loved it, but I was so horrible at it. I didn't realize it was literally a simulator and you had to know startup orders and all that. I would just screw around until I got my Cessna in the air and would fly like a maniac until I stalled and crashed.
Same here..But look at what we have now

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
What's THAT first game you played that made you love videogames? To which game do you owe your videogames love? How old were you?

In my case, it was Runescape! Also known as OldSchool Runescape now, since the version I used to play back then got updated so much they had to bring back the original version for nostalgic players. I was 11 years old and my cousing talked to me about this game he found. I created my first account on his house and my love for this game (and many more to come) started. I still play Runescape to this day, years and years after. It's a MMORPG.

Share your story!
Not the FIRST game I played but the first MMORPG I played was EverQuest! (On dial up, no high speed internet!)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.