What's your download speed? [Top 10]

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
3683660542.png
It's not good!:(

I'm Australian and while Australia is a 1st world country our internet is 3rd world in 90% of places, unless you live right next to an IXP or in or right near a city.

The best internet speed I've had was 45 Mb/s and that was in a fancy suburb right next to Melbourne with the IXP just 1 street away.

Now where I live my nearest IXP is 4 KM [2.5 Miles] away and the speed I get is in the 5 Mb/s mark, 2.5 Mb/s when its peak hour traffic time. [Upload speed well under the 1 Mb/s mark at all times]

Any instance where big uploads or downloads [HD YT videos] take a role are negatively impacted not just for the user but everyone else in the household using the Internet, services like Netflix/Movie ON-D for multiple users in our household would be impossible due to chokage of available bandwidth speed. All these upload cloud storage services a waste of time due to terrible upload speed and I could go on but won't.

I was looking forward to the NBN but Tony Abbott [Australia's PM] / other politicians ruined the NBN rollout I was hoping for.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Here you go:
3683829415.png

What's more interesting is that I'm only paying $15 (10 Euro) to my ISP, in my book this is a goo deal! : D
What an amazing deal :eek:

Reactions: Kent

MalwareFire

Level 3
Verified
Aug 10, 2014
Capturar.PNG
I think im alone in the server who i pay for internet because today she explode. 2mb/s to 13mb/s. For me omg

Here you go:
3683829415.png

What's more interesting is that I'm only paying $15 (10 Euro) to my ISP, in my book this is a goo deal! : D
10 euro , where do you live in Europe? What's the name of your ISP, and I will change right now for them. :p:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kent

LABView707

Level 3
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
105MB's is what I am paying for. xfinity provided by Comcast. Dual band gateway is also where its at. 2.5GHz will top out at 70MB but the 5GHz will give you 100MB+.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
mahine mai net ka bill kitna ata hai?
Ditch Indian Broadbands. They all cheat and indeed will not provide good services if any problem appears. So i only use wireless internet through unlocked airtel/Huawei modem/Datacard. Well i have set over the mobility and have 4 sim cards for access of internet. You know Aircel Provides Free Internet at Morning 6-9 AM . I use that for Updating my computer OS/Softwares. Rest of the time i use BSNL 3G of 251 Rs plan which offers 2 GB, which may still not be sufficient but will manage though. All over i will be an estimation of 500 INR for one month.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
3G connection sucks in india, specially Aircel 3G in my state. I use cable broadband included a special night pack. Currently satisfy of my connection lol. Next yr i'll triple my net speed ;)

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
3G connection sucks in india, specially Aircel 3G in my state. I use cable broadband included a special night pack. Currently satisfy of my connection lol. Next yr i'll triple my net speed ;)
I started using 3G Services since 3 Years ago. I started directly with Aircel which had excellent tariffs and network in my state. I had never been on an issue with this network. I used to recharge for 198 and know whats the secret? I used to get about 10-15 GB of data usage for that amount. But now since 3-4 months they changed the tariffs and that trick wont work for me :(. Now i have limited my usage and use internet only for what in need. I love the 3G speeds in my state and still going on with it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.