Advice Request What's your favorite Uninstaller?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
I know what I am about to right is polemic, but deserve to be discussed.

There're thousands of publications, from windows developers and independent ones, demonstrating and explaining that registry keys left for programs have any impact in the system.
A program like HiBit, and others, will impact the system and take resources from the system to make snapshots and create a database off the installation.
Why you prefer impact the system, when is no visible benefit in using an uninstaller?
I am not an example I have a lot of applications ta are only aesthetic and impact the system, but I am the first to admit the fact.

Sorry for my bad English, now the moderators will banned me for creating a polemic discussion. :p

Bonorex

Level 1
Jun 12, 2020
I like Revo Uninstaller Pro, because it monitors programs during their installation and it cleans leftovers that remain on the PC after programs' official uninstallers. I don't remember any official uninstaller, that wouldn't leave traces at the end of the uninstall. Up to now, Revo always found some leftovers and it didn't delete necessary files or registry items. But even in this case, I expect it shouldn't be a big problem, because a restore point is created by the program just before starting the cleaning.

MegenM

Level 3
Well-known
Jun 8, 2020
I have used Revo before but IObit Uninstaller is my favorite. As per my experience, I am able to completely remove all applications. A very useful feature is that I can occasionally bulk remove as I keep testing many applications. I am presently using version 9 but I read that version 10 pro is a bit better. Planning to upgrade to the new version this weekend.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
It's much better than IObit.
I personally perfer Hibit too, but I'm not sure if you can say that it's much better. Iobit has still some advantages like the Uninstall Monitor, so when you uninstall software with the Windows built in uninstaller, it still detects some files that windows didn't catch and asks you to remove them. I'd say the only problems with Iobit products are the annoying ads and the bad reputation since some years. Just my personal opinion. :)

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Comodo Programs Manager...it was way ahead of its time...even puts up a warning for each shared file that it finds during a removal! I have tried the rest, and CPM is better for general use imo...

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
I'm using Revo but i also have Bulk Crap Uninstaller.
I have been a user of BCUninstaller for years, updates aside, since it doesn't really need that many for this type of application, there has been no form of communication for almost a full year now nor any commits. And long forgotten issue tickets the dev opened up him-/her-/themselves dating back to 2017. Not really confidence inspiring for the continuation of the application.

I used to use Geekinstaller too on a USB for a while, Dam that's a light program. Though I think aside from BCUninstaller I might add Hibit to my portable tools utility folder. :)

RyuSCi6

Level 1
Dec 31, 2019
RevoUninstaller Free, but I usually recommend Geek uninstaller since its more streamlined and portability than Revo's.
Didn't use IOBit for quite a long time because the program itself acts like some sort of PUPs. (Every IOBit installers tend to bundle with IOBit PC Care)
Haven't heard of HiBit Uninstaller, seems like a good uninstaller, too. Might give it a shot.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.