Battle Which audio player do you use ?

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Removed AIMP and added Foobar (finally finished customizing it). Clementine remains the player of choice on both Linux and Windows. Foobar is only used occasionally when I want to use Rainmeter.

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Vlc is good player but it does not play all type of formats i think.
On the contrary, format support is not VLC's drawback, rather the slow playback in some users' PCs (probably not capable enough hardware), and some reported random crashes (bad files, bad drivers or incapable hardware, in my opinion).
(though I have experienced neither of these issues)

Tabeer

Level 3
Verified
Dec 3, 2015
On the contrary, format support is not VLC's drawback, rather the slow playback in some users' PCs (probably not capable enough hardware), and some reported random crashes (bad files, bad drivers or incapable hardware, in my opinion).
(though I have experienced neither of these issues)

I have experienced that kind of problem that VLC player did not play media file properly (only play audio) then KMplayer play that file(audio and vedio both).

Default Window Media Player.

Switching Window media player to full screen mode can sometimes cause the program to freeze.

windows media player!!
Window media player freezes in full screen mode sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tabeer

Level 3
Verified
Dec 3, 2015
That never happened here neither on Win 7 or Win 10 Maybe some prob your side
I don't know what was the problem, I just only know Vlc player stuck me at that time and KMPlayer helped me out.

Like @Kantry123, this has never happened to me with WMP either.

This problem was happened to me with some of movie files. I don't know what was the reason but it made some false points for Vlc player in my case.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.