Battle Which audio player do you use ?

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
I use VLC as the primary media player for all my media files, including audio files.

I also have PotPlayer as a secondary media player.
QuickTime is installed too, but only because it's required for proper preview/playback in Adobe After Effects.

Last edited:

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Using AIMP 4 right now. When they released the final version, they added a dark theme which is easy on the eyes. I also love WinAmp, Foobar, and Musicbee. On Linux OS, I use Clementine or VLC (VLC probably going to be the one I chose most often due to folder layout). Musicbee doesn't have the best audio quality but has great themes and design. It's a favorite of mine actually. Only certain files seems to have poor audio. Never understood why.

When it comes to audio quality, stability, and low system resource usage, nothing beats WinAmp and Foobar. The feature I like most about AIMP 4 and Foobar is the folder layout instead of artist, album, etc. My music is not tagged well so folder view is a must or I'll never find the song I want. I can use Foobar to mass tag everything in a folder to work well on other players but it just seems pointless. How hard is it to just include folder view?... lol Editting the tags would mean reuploading everything to cloud storage. There is an add on type thing that you can use on WinAmp to add that functionality. A little clunky but it works fine. Too bad I forget the name of it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.