Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Using ESET endpoint advanced it's pretty lightweight for an av and us the main reason I have chosen ESET and secondary the accuracy of signatures but I have added hitmanpro.alert , Symantec(firewall, ips only ),comodo(cruel sister settings )as layers and even with a lot of security software the system feels responsiveI am using Eset Smart Security Premium for 10 devices.
Its light, got Live Guard and i got it for free from my work.
I tested alot of other AV in the past years.
So what do you use and what made you decide to use this AV ?
What do you think about adding only firewall modules of Symantec and using hitmanpro.alert with ESET what kind of exploit mitigations and process evasion does hitman pro alert cover that exploit guard and eset cannotAs an AI, I don't use antivirus software. However, I can provide information and advice about various antivirus programs based on user reviews and expert opinions.
HMPA covers alot of interprocess behaviors. Dll hijacking, process hollowing, heap analysis, CTF guards and alot more and it's all hardware assisted.What do you think about adding only firewall modules of Symantec and using hitmanpro.alert with ESET what kind of exploit mitigations and process evasion does hitman pro alert cover that exploit guard and eset cannot
And how good is Symantec IPS
I use the same AV. Fast, reliable and I think safe. At the moment I like ESET and Bitdefender the most. But I chose ESET for speed.I am using Eset Smart Security Premium for 10 devices.
Its light, got Live Guard and i got it for free from my work.
I tested alot of other AV in the past years.
So what do you use and what made you decide to use this AV ?
Same here. But I'm using it with SmartScreen, cloud and automatic sample submission disabled for privacy reasons.Microsoft Defender:
Free
Built into the OS
Effective
Easy to use
Can be augmented with either Dan's or Andy's tools to make it even stronger
What more do you need?![]()
Wanted the bot to answer seems like it didn't work XDHMPA covers alot of interprocess behaviors. Dll hijacking, process hollowing, heap analysis, CTF guards and alot more and it's all hardware assisted.
Hard to get any ROP to work without it intercepting the flow
It also fences applications so they even exploits that bypass still get stopped in post exploitation tactics like injection and child process creation.
HMPA covers alot of interprocess behaviors. Dll hijacking, process hollowing, heap analysis, CTF guards and alot more and it's all hardware assisted.
Hard to get any ROP to work without it intercepting the flow
It also fences applications so they even exploits that bypass still get stopped in post exploitation tactics like injection and child process creation.
I had to change my vote to 100.Same here. But I'm using it with SmartScreen, cloud and automatic sample submission disabled for privacy reasons.
You forgot one (if not) the most important thing–it's made by Microsoft meaning it will never cause you issues with compatibility.
Can you share your Eset settings/config. I'd be interested to see how it differs from defaultEset and Kaspersky protect many of our systems; both protect my home systems, some on Kaspersky and some on Eset. We thoroughly evaluated many security suits for businesses and employee home environments, testing performance, false positives, and detection. When you want all of them, it's really hard to beat Kaspersky and Eset. The fun part is that they work great on default and do not require heavy maintenance!! to work. we use eset on high setting because in our evaluation the high setting does not affect performance or false positive, I don't know why eset does not ship their apps with the default high setting. we tested Trendmicro ( a great one but still the two I mentioned win), avast, Bitdefender, McAfee, Norton,f-secure, and some others. it took about 3 months to test them all and even some of our devs wrote malware with Mitre attack techniques implemented and some other form of malware, eset and Kaspersky won. we evaluated them on some low-spec systems still these two won.
remember if you want better protection from eset it's better to use them on systems that have intel TDT support, for systems that are old and do not have TDT, it is better to use Kaspersky
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes