Which AV/IS, you love the most & Why

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
None in particular, just all security products.

Fanboys can calm down.

XhenEd

Level 27
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Kaspersky: because of its layered protection... no slow downs for me...

nimd4

Level 1
Since (McAfee) scan.exe is not longer available, on DOS (hehe), I've mostly been using Norton Antivirus (like almost everything about it, including how certain sections can be disabled, without the Windows (7) Action Center activating; and/or how the disabled features can be ignored within NAV, so that there won't be a notice, there, either).

Microsoft Security Essentials / Windows Defender
Hi, there are literally hundreds of (or in any case many, now and in the past) articles and/or reasons why MSE isn't a very good product (or ever was?); just one example is @ this (old :)) link:
Code:
http://www.informationweek.com/security/vulnerabilities-and-threats/microsoft-security-essentials-loses-av-certification/d/d-id/1107614?
Not confirmed, but the "timeline" looks absolutely horrendous (2012-12-05, 'vendor informed' && 2013-02-13, 'vendor released fixed version'); took ~2 months to *fix*
Code:
http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2013/May/10

P.S.
ESET no need to explain why.
Honestly, I do NOT know why, btw. =)

D

Deleted member 178

Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to "Which product are you a dedicated fanboy of?"
In this case we have a lot of ESET fanboys.:rolleyes:

Thanks. :D
Umbra Corp's CEO: "launch operation Trollfeast !"
Employee: "yes master, operation Trollfeast activated in 3...2...1...
Umbra Corp's mainframe Computer: "ESET sucks , Emsisoft is the best, you all know nothing, i have 10 years of experience !!"

:D :p

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Umbra Corp's CEO: "launch operation Trollfeast !"
Employee: "yes master, operation Trollfeast activated in 3...2...1...
Umbra Corp's mainframe Computer: "ESET sucks , Emsisoft is the best, you all know nothing, i have 10 years of experience !!"

:D :p
But still we all love ESET​

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
:D:D:D:D

S

starchild76

Avg Internet Security just love the product , no slowdowns for me and superfast computer scans and descent webblocker.

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

marg

Level 12
Verified
Webroot SecureAnywhere - is effective, does not slow down the system because it runs in the cloud.
I voted: Other
I used to use Webroot until I got infected. My ISP Tech fixed the problem & told me Webroot was not the best choice for an AV. If you use Webroot you are playing with FIRE in my opinion!

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
I used to use Webroot until I got infected. My ISP Tech fixed the problem & told me Webroot was not the best choice for an AV. If you use Webroot you are playing with FIRE in my opinion!
im with you on that

Status
Not open for further replies.