Which AV/IS, you love the most & Why

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreddyFreeloader

Level 31
Verified
I've used MSE, Immunet, Webroot for extended periods with zero infections or problems, but my fav is Avast Free w/Windows firewall. Only thing I don't like about Avast is having to switch on all the PUP features.

alexp79

Hi
My favorite ones are webroot, avira and fsecure. Actually i use fsecure antivirus; like it.

Jaspion

Level 16
Verified
Yes... Avast should switch on PUPs by default IMO.
They already have. :rolleyes:

Only it's PUPs installed by Avast on, bundled with your software updates, instead of PUP protection on. o_O Yup.

Turn on PUP protection, by the way, and you'll get good coverage - except against Avast partners, of course. :D

Let me repeat what should become a MalwareTips mantra: your mouseclick matters. ;)

CapeBuffalo

Avast:

- Free (I dont mind paying for a suite btw)

- Great protection and signatures

- Alot of great side features (e.g. alot of extension are installed by chrome update that i cant access for the menu and avast detects them, sandbox, and updater)

- Light on system

- Very Customizable

- Great support forum (Essexboy and Pondus <3) and doesnt conflict with Malwarebytes

Last edited:
Reactions: FreddyFreeloader
Avast. Avast has a slew of features and performs scans at an okay speed. What I like about Avast is its Boot-Time Scan. Avira, my second choice, has a very simple interface, sometimes to simple! It took forever to download, but performs pretty good and loads much faster because of its simple UI. AVG asked for a license key even though I downloaded free version! Cannot X out, cannot go anywhere! Deleted it after 2 hours.

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader
Status
Not open for further replies.