Advice Request Which AV was the first one you installed ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I first used Avira and comodo-fw on xp-sp3. At that time, it was known as the strongest combination that could be used for free on Japanese bulletin boards.

Everyone has a time when they are tempted by the allure of the word "strongest.☂️

Minimalist

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2020
My first one was F-prot on Windows3.11 as on demand scanner.
With real-time protection it was Eset Nod 32 v.2.7. Lightest I've used so far.
After that for a while, just testing: Norton, Kaspersky, Bitdefender, Trend Micro, Emsisoft, F-Secure, AVG, Avast...
For longer perioods I was without real-time AV protection, using just Sandboxie and HIPS/FWs.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
This is a bit off topic, but I think the warning sound of the first AV software you use will stay in a special place in your brain.

In the case of avira, it is -pi!po!pa!-.☂️:)

How about the old Kaspersky pig sound with the green umbrella? ☂️

maingui.jpg

Man, thats bring memories ...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.