As bad as it's always been.Smadav, how good is that nowaydays?
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
As bad as it's always been.Smadav, how good is that nowaydays?
True...You could probably ditch SmadAV.
progressively improving...Smadav, how good is that nowaydays?
Overkill! Ditch smadav or whatever it's called.Microsoft Defender + Cyberlock + Smadav...
True...Overkill! Ditch smadav or whatever it's called.
You may enable USB protection in MS Defender via ASR rule. VoodooShield also protects the USB by default in Smart and Always On modes if you haven't disabled it.True...
However, not every one of my units has it. My desktop at the office and one of my laptops at home have all 3; SMADAV primarily focuses on USB drive infection and cleaning. While my other units only have MD and CL.
By default, MD and CL protects the USB; I am just a little lazy when it comes to USB infections, particularly those that conceal all files.You may enable USB protection in MS Defender via ASR rule. VoodooShield also protects the USB by default in Smart and Always On modes if you haven't disabled it.
VirusScope(Static and dynamic analysis) is really good and amazingNew user here .
Using Comodo internet security Premium
cause of his plethora of configuration
Like the Firewall , HIPS , VirusScope
Mainly i started using it to check the operation of malicious files .
The addition of WHHL will work with CCF, even Hard_Configurator works with it but it's not needed with CCF installed and people will advise it as overkill.CruelComodo + ConfigureDefender (High)
wondering whether adding WHHLight would be overkill?
I understand, most models know nothing about security software, BUT they have great taste in clothes, cologne, and cars.Hi, I use Comodo Firewall (configuration recommended by CruelSister) combined with Symantec Endpoint Protection unmanaged (only antivirus module and proactive protection, with some modifications that I think are more effective in protection). I use this combination because it is free and although I am not an expert in the field, I think they provide decent protection for a home user.
Cyberlock current version 7.86 at least it was within the the last week or so. Dan added a firewall hardening feature (my understanding)Eset Smart Security Premium + Cyberlock 7.81
I tried the free Trial of Eset, used it for almost the entire period, liked how light it is on my machine and how its done in tests, plus all the "bells and whistles"
then i decided to finally purchase a license to Cyberlock (ive always liked it)
Mines reporting 7.81, I just did a update check and mines saying im running the most recent version.... Should I download the installer from the website and reinstall or would there be a issue with licensing? @danbCyberlock current version 7.86 at least it was within the the last week or so. Dan added a firewall hardening feature (my understanding)
Just download the latest version from @danb latest email shared by @Gandalf_The_Grey and run it. It'll update the current installed version without issueMines reporting 7.81, I just did a update check and mines saying im running the most recent version.... Should I download the installer from the website and reinstall or would there be a issue with licensing? @danb
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes