Advice Request Which Cleaning Utilities do you guys use?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which of the following Cleaning Utilities do you use to keep your PC performing smoothly?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Disk Cleaner is "Wise Disk Cleaner (portable)" "Clean Space 7"
Registry "windows registry repair freeware"
I have been using it for a long time but in my environment there are no problems.

I use a small ssd of 80 GB as the system disk. I am using Disk Cleaner frequently to secure the free space, but I am concerned about how much access to disk accompanying it affects the lifetime of ssd.

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
L

Local Host

Disk Cleaner is "Wise Disk Cleaner (portable)" "Clean Space 7"
Registry "windows registry repair freeware"
I have been using it for a long time but in my environment there are no problems.

I use a small ssd of 80 GB as the system disk. I am using Disk Cleaner frequently to secure the free space, but I am concerned about how much access to disk accompanying it affects the lifetime of ssd.
You should be fine regarding the SSD, I have an old 60GB SSD still kicking after 7 years.

Kantry123

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Ccleaner used to be my thing but , due to its recent acquire by Avast made it bloated and forced to stay in memory not matterhow many times i kill it.
Now i am using Disk Cleanup , it works best and built in windows tool, that does solve and manage disks automatically.

regards
Kantry123

Reactions: given and Weebarra

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I use Wise Disk Cleaner on my Rugged laptop, running a schedule. Then Wise Cleaner 365 on my secondary laptop which I gave to my fiance.

~LDogg

Reactions: given and oldschool
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.