Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
I'm in doubt which option best protect me, tell their opinions

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
There is no longer yahoo mate..
I just checked, It does bundle with the toolbar anymore but it still has the option to change your search and homepage to yahoo.
Am i missing something here? Top sentence just does not play well with the bottom one ;)

Seriously, i understand after hearing many things, that one would question.. In the few years i have been using Comodo products, i have never seen a breach of trust as far as the privacy policy goes. As for the SSL certs, im sure Comodo is not the only company to ever have been taken advantage of by malware distributors.. For the bloated installer, i agree, it is rather big, but it is to offer everyone something in one installer instead of many "all optional of course".. As for CIS being bloatware itself, and useless, i completely disagree.
Well I didn't mean the two to be similar, I just said that the software has become bloatware and the website is huge and cluttered and would confuse some people.

As for the software being bloated, refer to this: http://malwaretips.com/threads/do-you-think-comodo-internet-security-has-become-bloatware.18751/
Littlebits makes good points in his post.

Last edited:
I

illumination

I just checked, It does bundle with the toolbar anymore but it still has the option to change your search and homepage to yahoo.

Well I didn't mean the two to be similar, I just said that the software has become bloatware and the website is huge and cluttered and would confuse some people.

I know, was just joking with that..

As for the software being bloated, refer to this: http://malwaretips.com/threads/do-you-think-comodo-internet-security-has-become-bloatware.18751/
Littlebits makes good points in her post.

The installer is bloated, this i already agreed upon.. The software itself, is only as bloated as you click to make it.. CCE and Killswitch are not even in the suite until you download them.. The rest only comes with it if you agree and select to have, such as CD, DNS ect. One can just have the FW/AV out of that installer..

So yes, he is right, that the installer is big.. But for CIS itself, it is far from bloated and quite literally one of the lightest suites i have ever used.

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
360 IS provides very good level of protection.
comodo firewall would certainly add proactive protection but it stresses my sustem performance . so skipping it.

Windows firewall will do.
Additional malwarebytes and hitmanpro would be good.

Hopefully 360 proactive will protect from new malware and i won't sumble upon a new malware that goes undetected by hitmanpro, malwarebytes and 360 IS combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.