Battle Which is better in terms of protection Avast or G-data?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
At the core, both Antivirus are able to protect a Windows PC against malware and other threats.
  • Visit both Avast and G-Data developer sites.
  • Compare between the version you want (ie. Internet Security or Antivirus only)
  • Download the Trial versions whichever suits your PC usage better
  • And separately see how each performs on your strong laptop for 7 to 14 days
  • Make your own verdict

Once you are set, you can share your PC config here: Computer Security Configuration

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
avast is way more intrusive in terms of promoting other products . i have another problem with avast in terms of privacy. have read some fishy things about it and will stay away for a long time unless it changes.
gdata is heavy,,, in fact i would say it is very heave but it is safe and privacy friendly . i like it better . simple and user friendly .

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.