Battle Which is better in terms of protection Avast or G-data?

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Harlan, maybe but that combo works like a charm and its fast.
Gdata for AV purposes
Zonealarm for Firewall(actually because its own firewall driver)
Spyshelter mainly for anti-keyloggin
OSArmor for bloking powershell etc scripts
Sure i've "tuned" them so there's no "overlapping" popups.
With above combo, cpu time is 1-2 %. It just work and im quite happy with it :)

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Gery79 chill down and get a cookie :) Seriously, it depends on the hardware and other softwares installed etc. Actually Avira was extremely heavy on my PC, but i've heard that its very light on other ppl computers. I think the same goes for Trend Micro(and others).

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
i can not eat cookies as i am diabetic ..... lol.... yes it is true that it depends on machines and hardware but i still know for a fact that gdata is heavier than trend.....

Reactions: Divine_Barakah

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
trend micro is lighter than gdata all the way so please unless you have facts dont make notorious statements

one fact is here. if you say that av-c tests are not valid....then i cant help you :)

but the thread goes more and more offtopic....so pls calm down

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
I do like how Gdata improved their own engine(deepray). Its deepray, according to Virustotal samples "catch" samples that Bitdefender never heard of. The same is Emsisoft and Fabian "Fabulous" Wosar. Or just a "Fab" :D Crazy talented person with a "white hat" :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.