carsten ibsen

Level 24
Verified
Hello, It very much depend on your system, how much power it has, I have 8GB DDR4 RAM & Radeon Graphics with a Ryzen 5 processor, perhaps it is not written in the right order, I am no techie, But my absolute favorite AV after trying so many is and will always be(I think) Bitdefender Total Security. :love:

oldschool

Level 55
Verified
Hello, It very much depend on your system, how much power it has, I have 8GB DDR4 RAM & Radeon Graphics with a Ryzen 5 processor, perhaps it is not written in the right order, I am no techie, But my absolute favorite AV after trying so many is and will always be(I think) Bitdefender Total Security. :love:
Just stick with it because it's enough protection as is.

SerialCart

From Serialcart.com
Verified
I am selling almost all the mentioned anti-viruses and to be honest I am not a fanboy of any one of the brands (as anyone has his or her opinion based on the personal experiences and needs which is respectable). But what I have heard from our customers F-Secure after moving to Avira signatures seems to be satisfying for them speed-wise (based on many reviews).

Avira recently was acquired by a Bank with the headquarters in Bahrain. They have chosen a very dangerous way of marketing which is cutting the partners unlike many successful companies like Kaspersky. So who knows till when Avira would be able to do a good job with research and offering good signatures to other companies such as F-Secure. Obviously when a bank takes over everything will only be MONEY MONEY... and no attention to what users and webmasters want.

Al

Last edited:

fabiobr

Level 9
Verified
I am selling almost all the mentioned anti-viruses and to be honest I am not a fanboy of any one of the brands (as anyone has his or her opinion based on the personal experiences and needs which is respectable). But what I have heard from our customers F-Secure after moving to Avira signatures seems to be satisfying for them speed-wise (based on many reviews).

Avira recently was acquired by a Bank with the headquarters in Bahrain. They have chosen a very dangerous way of marketing which is cutting the partners unlike many successful companies like Kaspersky. So who know till when Avira would be able to do a good job with research and offering good signatures to other companies such as F-Secure. Obviously when a bank takes over everything will be only MONEY MONEY... and no attention to what users and webmasters want.

Al
The same end of Symantec, sadly.

bribon77

Level 33
Verified
Well, I agree with all the comments that have been made,
But, AVs slow down more than system tools (at least it seems more fluid)
Although I have tried some AV, which have surprised me, like K7, F secure very light.
Still, my choice would be Comodo Firewall.

F 4 E

Level 2
Avira recently was acquired by a Bank with the headquarters in Bahrain. They have chosen a very dangerous way of marketing which is cutting the partners unlike many successful companies like Kaspersky. So who knows till when Avira would be able to do a good job with research and offering good signatures to other companies such as F-Secure. Obviously when a bank takes over everything will only be MONEY MONEY... and no attention to what users and webmasters want.
To answer the OP's question, F-Secure and Eset I've found to be among the fastest.

However, if F-Secure loses the Avira signatures, I'll be going with ESET.