Comodo of course ;)
I found that Comodo is one of the heaviest, I'm specifically talking about Comodo Firewall, when I had it installed it on my machine, every time it would boot up, Comodo would completely max out the CPU causing the entire system to crawl to a stop, and if you try and open a web browser or visit a website, it does the same thing.

Moonhorse

Level 28
Verified
Content Creator
I found that Comodo is one of the heaviest, I'm specifically talking about Comodo Firewall, when I had it installed it on my machine, every time it would boot up, Comodo would completely max out the CPU causing the entire system to crawl to a stop, and if you try and open a web browser or visit a website, it does the same thing.
For me its opposite, i have 6 years old self-built gaming pc with 10 years old hdd running any antivirus without any problems...i cant see difference between antivirus software if i dont take a look on task manager really

I always end up installing comodo because its a damn castle protecting my computer

Youre not alone with the problems comodo been buggy in the past, for me its been working stable enough to enjoy of though:confused:

The Cog in the Machine

Level 23
Verified
Recently I have tried F-Secure, Bullguard, Malwarebytes, Eset, Bitdefender, McAfee, Kaspersky, AVG and AVAST, Trend Micro and Avira. On my devices, Avira is lightest among them all; very fast startup, no browsing slowdowns and no high CPU usage. McAfee, F-Secure, Bullguard and Eset are very light. Kaspersky, Bitdefender, AVG and AVAST are a bit heavier but you won't notice much slowdown. Trend Micro and Malwarebytes are heavier than all the previous product but the system should be responsive and usable.

Cortex

Level 22
Verified
After giving K7 Total a try a few weeks ago I'm hooked on it, for some reason after using it a while I really took to it - The GUI is simple & fast & doesn't use resources just to exist - Put it on my other half's lappy the other day & it runs beautifully - Unless something dreadful happens I'm sticking with K7, I can't remember ever being so pleased with a AV before!

The Cog in the Machine

Level 23
Verified
After giving K7 Total a try a few weeks ago I'm hooked on it, for some reason after using it a while I really took to it - The GUI is simple & fast & doesn't use resources just to exist - Put it on my other half's lappy the other day & it runs beautifully - Unless something dreadful happens I'm sticking with K7, I can't remember ever being so pleased with a AV before!
I have heard nothing but good words about K7 but the price is not for me. I have never paid the full price for AV products.

Behold Eck

Level 12
Verified
Same here, stuck it on an old decrepit laptop and no slow down or over use of resources at all.

I have heard nothing but good words about K7 but the price is not for me. I have never paid the full price for AV products.
I got mine on ebay for diddley squat.

Regards Eck:)