Advice Request Which is the fastest Antivirus in your opinion?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Hello, It very much depend on your system, how much power it has, I have 8GB DDR4 RAM & Radeon Graphics with a Ryzen 5 processor, perhaps it is not written in the right order, I am no techie, But my absolute favorite AV after trying so many is and will always be(I think) Bitdefender Total Security. :love:

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Hello, It very much depend on your system, how much power it has, I have 8GB DDR4 RAM & Radeon Graphics with a Ryzen 5 processor, perhaps it is not written in the right order, I am no techie, But my absolute favorite AV after trying so many is and will always be(I think) Bitdefender Total Security. :love:
Just stick with it because it's enough protection as is.

SerialCart

From Serialcart.com
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 27, 2019
I am selling almost all the mentioned anti-viruses and to be honest I am not a fanboy of any one of the brands (as anyone has his or her opinion based on the personal experiences and needs which is respectable). But what I have heard from our customers F-Secure after moving to Avira signatures seems to be satisfying for them speed-wise (based on many reviews).

Avira recently was acquired by a Bank with the headquarters in Bahrain. They have chosen a very dangerous way of marketing which is cutting the partners unlike many successful companies like Kaspersky. So who knows till when Avira would be able to do a good job with research and offering good signatures to other companies such as F-Secure. Obviously when a bank takes over everything will only be MONEY MONEY... and no attention to what users and webmasters want.

Al

Last edited:

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
I am selling almost all the mentioned anti-viruses and to be honest I am not a fanboy of any one of the brands (as anyone has his or her opinion based on the personal experiences and needs which is respectable). But what I have heard from our customers F-Secure after moving to Avira signatures seems to be satisfying for them speed-wise (based on many reviews).

Avira recently was acquired by a Bank with the headquarters in Bahrain. They have chosen a very dangerous way of marketing which is cutting the partners unlike many successful companies like Kaspersky. So who know till when Avira would be able to do a good job with research and offering good signatures to other companies such as F-Secure. Obviously when a bank takes over everything will be only MONEY MONEY... and no attention to what users and webmasters want.

Al
The same end of Symantec, sadly.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Well, I agree with all the comments that have been made,
But, AVs slow down more than system tools (at least it seems more fluid)
Although I have tried some AV, which have surprised me, like K7, F secure very light.
Still, my choice would be Comodo Firewall.

F 4 E

Level 3
Verified
Jan 27, 2019
Avira recently was acquired by a Bank with the headquarters in Bahrain. They have chosen a very dangerous way of marketing which is cutting the partners unlike many successful companies like Kaspersky. So who knows till when Avira would be able to do a good job with research and offering good signatures to other companies such as F-Secure. Obviously when a bank takes over everything will only be MONEY MONEY... and no attention to what users and webmasters want.

To answer the OP's question, F-Secure and Eset I've found to be among the fastest.

However, if F-Secure loses the Avira signatures, I'll be going with ESET.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Hello,
1. Eset
2. AHN lab free cloud antivirus
3. Panda
4. Qihoo (on default settings)
5. Huorong
6. WiseVector
Yeah I remember wisevecter to be lighter till they added a few features(still pretty light on average).
But I can't tell how it is against the products above since most I haven't tested at all or in a long time .

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.