Battle Which is the lightest antivirus/security suite you used in last 6 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
Which is the lightest antivirus/security suite you used in last 6 months?

You can vote to the product either you used only av or security suite like avast user can vote to avast "option" either he have avast free avast pro or avast IS.

You can mention it in your reply. ;)

S

starchild76

I am very pleased with the performance of my machine with bitdefender I.s. 2013 installed it doesent slow my machine and browsing , opening and copying large files from one partition to the other at all. so yes this one of the lightests I have used this year.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
The thread is about The lightest antivirus You used in last 6 months

It does not state that Which is the lightest antivirus

Suppose Member 'x' used G-Data and Trend micro in last 6 months and he feel Trendo micro is the lightest av he used then the member will go for Trend micro but not for Avast or Eset.

Thanks

P

Plexx

Stranger said:

Suppose Member 'x' used G-Data and Trend micro in last 6 months and he feel Trendo micro is the lightest av he used then the member will go for Trend micro but not for Avast or Eset.

Thanks

There is no harm in having other users voice their opinion. In the end of the day this thread is based on personal opinions.

You will have users say KIS/KAV is the lightest they have used within 6 months timeframe, yet you will have other users completely say the opposite.

Lightness of a product varies between different systems and hardware configuration.

Throw in a SSD and KIS/KAV aint heavy at all in some aspects for example.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
Biozfear said:
Stranger said:

Thanks

There is no harm in having other users voice their opinion. In the end of the day this thread is based on personal opinions.

You will have users say KIS/KAV is the lightest they have used within 6 months timeframe, yet you will have other users completely say the opposite.

Lightness of a product varies between different systems and hardware configuration.

Throw in a SSD and KIS/KAV aint heavy at all in some aspects for example.

You got me wrong Biozfear,this is what I want to say that user do vote/reply what he feel lightest av.

Thanks

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I have a quasi suite that consists of Sandboxie, Threatfire@Level 5, and Malware Defender. That is a Sandbox, Behavior Blocker, HIPS and Firewall, respectively.
It does not slow me down one bit. However, at startup I experience a 6 second delay after adding MD, but that is much better than the delay that Emsisoft OA caused. No hangs with MD either.

D

Deleted member 178

ZOU1 said:
I have a quasi suite that consists of Sandboxie, Threatfire@Level 5, and Malware Defender. That is a Sandbox, Behavior Blocker, HIPS and Firewall, respectively.

CIS v6 does all that with low impact on.system ^^ just wait the final release ^^

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
ZOU1 said:
There are no women here except maybe Internet Chicken.
v8B6x.gif

Or are you being sirius for once ?

D

Deleted member 178

when I will be on my laptop I will describe you how I impersonated a babe to help a friend girl to reveal her cheating husband ^^

icorino

Verified
Nov 18, 2012
ZOU1 said:
Or are you being sirius for once ?
Serious and facetious, simultaneously. haha
For all you know I could be a 90 year old woman living in Cambodia. lolol

You mean Nigeria? Gotta stay in the phishing/scam-sector with this forum :p

I use Avira for quite some time now, no-nonense interface with no special or fancy gimmics! Kaspersky/Norton/G-Data felt a bit slower...

zorror

Verified
Nov 25, 2012
ZOU1 said:
No doubt. Avira always let my OS breath a little.

Same here. Avira is the fastest one I have used and has a good detection rate with almost no false positives.
AVG - 0 votes
I saw that coming:)

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
McLovin said:
Stranger said:
I doubt avast is lighter then norton and eset

As far as I thought, Norton was lighter than ESET. According to the tests I did.

On my computer remember my computer Norton is way light then eset except in terms of cpu usage.

Cpu:Eset use less in compare to Nortton
Ram:Norton use less
Browsing & Download speed: Norton is way fast.
Other application usage: Open a bit fast with norton compare to eset.
Smoothness: Eset is better

Overall they are neck to neck but Norton win the race as browsing speed of norton is faster amd I use my computer for browsing mainly

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Stranger said:
On my computer remember my computer Norton is way light then eset except in terms of cpu usage.

Cpu:Eset use less in compare to Nortton
Ram:Norton use less
Browsing & Download speed: Norton is way fast.
Other application usage: Open a bit fast with norton compare to eset.
Smoothness: Eset is better

Overall they are neck to neck but Norton win the race as browsing speed of norton is faster amd I use my computer for browsing mainly

Also comes down to the computer that your running it on. Some might be running KIS on a 16GB RAM with an i7. Just depends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.