Battle Which is the lightest antivirus/security suite you used in last 6 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
Which is the lightest antivirus/security suite you used in last 6 months?

You can vote to the product either you used only av or security suite like avast user can vote to avast "option" either he have avast free avast pro or avast IS.

You can mention it in your reply. ;)

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
@Umbra,
Do you know where the re-scan quarantine files switch after every definitions updates is?
I don't want this behavior since it uses some cpu resource on every update. I believed they have this switch on the older version, i'm not sure actually.

i never asked myself this question, but i think that during a rescan, EAM restore the newly found FPs files. you dont have any tweak for this.
[/quote]

Found it under the General Configuration menu - Quarantine Re-scan.
By default it set to Silent. Change that to No res-can.

:)

notorious_rn

Jun 12, 2012
i choose panda cloud its light at no update needed its all in the clouds....

second is Avira free AV its also low in memory usage i can simultaneously run other security products with it like EAM or MBAM...

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
Now My votes go to Avira,I have tried almost all av and I find avira lightest among all specially in browsing.
After Avira I think Norton is light on my system.

Waiting for 2013 version of both
Norton 2013 will be released on 8 September 2013
Avira:Not known

Thanks

D

Deleted member 178

Stranger said:
Now My votes go to Avira,I have tried almost all av and I find avira lightest among all specially in browsing.
After Avira I think Norton is light on my system.

Good to know.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
mercurial said:
thank's for the info, i never tried eset or trend micro yet, so didn't wanna add any wrong info :blush:

Trend Micro would be heavier than ESET. So if you want less of a system impact go with ESET. If you want a good web blocker then go with Trend. :)

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
Avast is leading the chart leaving eset and webroot way behind.
I find eset win on lightness in many other tech forums but MT its all avast :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
eset version 5 is the lightest I have used.version 6 beta and RC have a memory leak problems which should be fixed by the time of release in early 2013.I know Avast is pretty light and have never had problems with Kaspersky

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
Tom172 said:
For me it's Kaspersky. Don't think you'll find a lighter fully featured package around.

what are your computer specs,
i tried KIS on Vbox, its has improved on its lightness, but still i can't find it that light, its still a bit heavy for my list of AV's

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
4GB DDR3 RAM,
Intel Core i3 @ 2.3 GHz

Trying a security suite in a virtual environment doesn't give you a clear idea of how it performs on real hardware.

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
Tom172 said:
4GB DDR3 RAM,
Intel Core i3 @ 2.3 GHz

Trying a security suite in a virtual environment doesn't give you a clear idea of how it performs on real hardware.

thanks
the specs is sure better than mine
about the vbox, yeah i understand that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.