Battle Which optimization tool do you use?

Compare list
optimization tool

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Didn't notice if you enable the Windows update cleanup in the in-built cleaner it makes the cleaning process very slow compared to any other cleaner?
Short answer: Don't use it.
The Disk Cleanup experience (“cleanmgr.exe”) is being deprecated. We’re retaining the Disk Cleanup tool for compatibility reasons. There’s no need to worry since Storage Sense’s functionality is a superset of what the legacy Disk Cleanup provides!
Source: Windows 10 and Storage Sense

Long answer: the legacy Disk Cleaner is resource intensive and feels slow to the user, because of how it works.
Windows Updates Cleanup takes almost 100% CPU usage, it's all about WinSxS compression and reintegration of updates
Source: Why does Disk Cleanup take so much time and cpu?

Windows 10 users are recommended to use Storage Sense instead.

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Wow.... I feel like a misfit on this one.... Wise Care 365 Pro.
1609900392764.png
1609900463034.png

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
I did use Wisecare Pro some but not much anymore. I do use Wisedisk cleaner free daily on a schedule and manually Hibit Uninstaller junk and registry cleaner once a week or so (which will soon have the schedule feature!) Main c: drive is now SSD so just let windows optimize but for my games drive I use Wincontig manually on most used folders monthly or so.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I use Advanced SystemCare Pro, AVG TuneUp, Kerish Doctor and Norton Utilities Premium.

While I don't need to use all of them, they are all safe to use. AVG TuneUp came with my AVG Ultimate subscription. I bought Norton just to try the new version based on System Mechanic, as I could not find a trial version anywhere. I probably will stop using AVG and Norton when my subscriptions expire.

Although the ones I listed are safe to use, most optimisation tools can cause problems.

In fact, I only trust two optimizers - Reg Organizer and Kerish Doctor.
Just be aware that Reg Organizer's registry cleaner has minor issues with false positives.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I had a bad experience once where the registry was corrupted which rendered some applications unusable..I guess that was in part my fault..
Around 99% of registry cleaners have issues with false positives, meaning that they will at least sometimes want to delete valid registry keys. This is not a good thing, as sometimes they will delete important registry keys, which can cause problems.

There are a few registry cleaners which are very safe to use, but most should be avoided.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.