Battle Which optimization tool do you use?

Compare list
optimization tool

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Auslogics Boost-Speed is crapware, nothing but problems, so now it is back to Wisecare 365 Pro, luckily it did not crash my Laptop.:mad:;)
The registry cleaner in Wise Care 365 has minor issues with false positives, so should be used with caution. On the other hand the registry cleaner in Boost Speed (which is the same as their standalone registry cleaner) has zero issues with false positives, making it safe to use. Having said that, cleaning the registry is for the most part, pointless. While I have used it from time to time, I don't like Boost Speed much. But it is safe to use. The real time monitoring can cause slowdowns in some cases, but you can stop it from running in the background.

The tweaking and junk cleaning features in Wise Care are safe to use. But you get the same junk cleaner in Wise Disk Cleaner, and it has the benefit of not including a registry cleaner.

monkeylove

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
I did not sense a lot of improvement for registry cleaners, so I stopped using them.

For disk cleaners, I saw some savings for drive space, but also had problems with some browsers, so I decided to just rely on storage sense, and from there get more or larger drives.

For real-time optimization, I think the system no longer slowed down when apps misbehaved, but didn't speed up as much, and when more apps stopped misbehaving after they were updated, stopped using them as well.

For defragmenting issues, using an SSD is useful, but for some weird reason the system tends to be more snappy after I run the built-in app manually (e.g., trims the SSD and defrags all drives, and by default works only on small files), and it tends not to cope with some systems that are used for a lot of activity, e.g., play games, run apps, copy, more, or modify large numbers of small and large files across the same and various drives, install and uninstall apps, etc., so I'm trying various third-party programs, including those that don't defrag but instead do so on the fly.

For software updaters, I'm currently using Patch My PC, but for systems where there's a small SSD and some apps have to be installed in another drive, I can't use the automate option because by default some new software versions are installed in the boot drive.

Minimalist

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2020
Years ago I've used Regseeker to search and clean unneeded registry keys but it was very aggressive. I always reviewed it's results and allowed it to delete things that I thought were safe to delete.
Later I've used CCleaner's registry cleaner and it was much more conservative, finding much less data to delete. Still I checked it's results before deleting.

At the moment I don't use any registry cleaners as I don't see much benefit in doing so.

9724anon7537

Level 2
Verified
Jun 12, 2018
Last edited:
Reactions: Venustus and Cortex

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
If you want to mess up your registry you could use JV16 Power Tools, originally RegCleaner around 20 years ago by two Finnish guys Jouni Vuorio and Jani Vuorio, now Macecraft which had an interesting past with crowdfunding :):) There were many registries mess-ups up by the programs & often bug fixes contained removing many false positives, I don't know anyone who still uses it but it's still around - Not recommended !

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.