Advice Request Which Uninstaller Software do you use?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which Uninstaller Software do you use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Windows uninstaller!
Dont see the point in installing software when windows inbuilt uninstaller does the job.
Windows Built-in, why use a 3rd party , when the one in Windows do its job properly.
To remove some of the leftovers that a program's included uninstaller leaves behind. I find this to be useful, as I install software just about every day, and end up uninstalling a lot of it. Doing a clean install of Windows from time to time, is not an option, as I've got hundreds of programs installed, and don't want to start from scratch.

D

Deleted member 178

To remove some of the leftovers that a program's included uninstaller leaves behind. I find this to be useful, as I install software just about every day, and end up uninstalling a lot of it.
I do it manually or use Ccleaner.

Doing a clean install of Windows from time to time, is not an option, as I've got hundreds of programs installed, and don't want to start from scratch.

so Rollback RX or similar would help you a lot.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I do it manually or use Ccleaner.
How do you cleanup leftovers with CCleaner?

so Rollback RX or similar would help you a lot.
I used it many years ago. But, I prefer to uninstall software. There are often times there is some software I want to remove, but there is some more recent software I've installed that I want to keep.

Reactions: Logethica

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Revo Pro all day.
I have tried them all and settled on Revo Pro (Lifetime)
Ccleaner often finds nothing left behind after a uninstall with Revo
With some of the others Ccleaner finds a bunch of leftovers.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
I use Soft Organizer, it is possible to trace the program's installation in order to obtain its complete removal.
But also in a standard way (without tracing) it does a good job finding a lot of leftovers.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Revo Uninstaller Pro and an older version of IObit Uninsaller portable. If there are still any leftovers, CCleaner will do the job, which rarely any leftovers.

P

PEllis

Revo Uninstaller Pro and an older version of IObit Uninsaller portable. If there are still any leftovers, CCleaner will do the job, which rarely any leftovers.
Why do you use an older version of IObit Uninstaller? The latest version is available on PortableApps.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Why do you use an older version of IObit Uninstaller? The latest version is available on PortableApps.
Latest versions silently install with no native portability and have features that otherwise exist in other software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.