Advice Request Which Uninstaller Software do you use?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which Uninstaller Software do you use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Which Uninstaller Software do you use?:

• Ashampoo Uninstaller;
"Ashampoo UnInstaller 5 uses clever real-time technology to monitor system changes during program installations. This way, Ashampoo UnInstaller 5 can completely remove monitored installations including otherwise orphaned files and registry entries. For even better results, Ashampoo UnInstaller 5 comes with additional cleaning tools to remove redundant registry entries and clean your drives."
Ashampoo.com- Uninstaller 5

• CCleaner;
"CCleaner is a freeware to remove unwanted programs from your computer. It is a lightweight software. To uninstall software from your computer by using this freeware you need to click on “Tools” tab on the main interface of this freeware and from there choose the option “Uninstall” to remove unnecessary software from your computer."
piriform.com- CCleaner

• Comodo Programs Manager;
"Comodo Programs Manager is a tool by Comodo for Windows that can do things such as uninstalling unwanted programs from windows, removing junk files, deleting partial and interrupted installs, restoring installations correctly and many more."
Comodo.com- Programs Manager

• Geek Uninstaller;
"Geek Uninstaller is a free uninstaller software for your computer. It lets you uninstall and see the software installed on your PC. With the help of this freeware you can quickly view and check which applications are installed on your PC and then uninstall those ones which you do not require, or which are consuming lot of disk space on your computer."
GeekUninstaller.com

• IObit Uninstaller;
"IObit Uninstaller 6 also can auto-detect leftovers of programs uninstalled by third-party uninstallers and notify Powerful Scan to remove them thoroughly and quickly. Also Cleanup Residual in the Tools section of IObit Uninstaller 6 can help clean the files left by standard uninstall and Windows patch caches files to free up more space for your PC."
IObit.com- Uninstaller

• Revo Uninstaller;
"The free version doesn’t do much apart from just scanning and removing the leftover elements after a standard Windows uninstall. You also get a bunch of free system cleaning tools in the free version. Revo Uninstaller free also comes in a portable version so you can carry it and use it on a portable storage device.
The paid version, however, comes with many interesting features like forced uninstall, multiple uninstall, command line uninstall, backup system etc.."
RevoUninstaller.com

• WinUtilities;
"WinUtilities Free Edition is a very useful uninstaller software for your computer. It lets you remove crap or unwanted programs from your computer easily and quickly. The uninstaller utility found in Windows operating system is not perfect. It can not compete against this uninstaller software as it is very good at its job."
hi.ylcomputing.com- WinUtilities

• Wise Program Uninstaller;
"Wise Program Uninstaller is a free uninstaller software. With the help of this freeware you can easily uninstall unnecessary software and their registry entries, folders and files. Wise Program Uninstaller lets you uninstall those software which are not removed by the default uninstaller of your MS Windows operating sytem. It is a portable software."
WiseCleaner.com- Program Uninstaller

SEE ALSO: POLL-Which Disk Defrag Software do you use?

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
Using IObit Uninstaller as the free version works whenever you need it. Revo unfortunately is only of any real long term use if it's the paid version, otherwise it's excellent at what it does, like forcing stubborn programs out:)

H

hjlbx

Total Uninstaller by Martau is the best.

Uninstall utility for Windows | Total Uninstall software with easy

For typical user that wants an uninstaller Revo is better suited.

However, you have to know what you are doing - and even if you do - you can still manage to mess things up.

Using an uninstaller isn't necessary day-to-day; it is used so infrequently by most users that there is no reason to go through the expense of buying an uninstaller.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I use 4 of them:
1/ CCleaner sometimes for tiny apps as a replacement for slow windows uninstaller
2/ Geek: single apps, mostly used
3/ IObit portable: batch uninstallation
4/ windows built-in uninstaller: to repair or to modify apps with customizable components like office, foxit, avast,...

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hm,o_O the reason I'd changed my vote was because of the following.
After I'd begun to tick off ones I have used:
  • CCleaner, Geek, Revo, and Windows,
..I'd then realized "Which...do you use?" is present tense.:)
  1. CCleaner we've used primarily for it's cleaning feature, but as an uninstaller it had seemed (imo) to behave as an extension of Windows which did it's requested job well, though I've not used it for a long while.
  2. Geek was a good selection which performed it's funtions well, and Umbra has pointed out it is a 64 bit software. It went away with the deletion of a virtual machine.
  3. Revo receives very high marks, as I have chosen to use this selection when I've needed to remedy difficulties others at my disposal could not overcome; but as our "Wooly lawn Trimmer" has pointed out, keeping it's paid version is a decision of commitment to a program that does a job one may not require when there is a free alternative to use all the time.:)
Additionally, and fittingly along with hjlbx's warning, I've attempted to avoid altering our system's registry data, & as a result have been very careful.:rolleyes: That is why, as infrequently as I switch software,
  • Windows Built Uninstaller is the choice I utilize at present, exclusively.;) :cool:

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Revo Uninstaller Pro. It has a lot of awesome features like uninstall multiple programs at once and Hunter Mode. It's also better at finding leftover files and registry entries than most of the uninstallers. Simply the best uninstaller I've ever used. ;)

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Revo Uninstaller Pro (paid version)
I never had any troubles uninstalling software... i bought this software for an "emergency" only: if something
should go wrong then it's good to have a 'powerful' tool already on board. Revo uninstaller has a quite good reputation on some (german) pc boards so the decission was clear and simple.... If i have to uninstal a program i'm always using the build in windows uninstaller: had no problems at all with it in the past.....

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
I know I'm beating a dead horse here (condolences to the family of said horse) but I use RollBack Rx. Take a snapshot before I install a program, if I don't like the program I can just restore back to the snapshot and there's no trace of it on the machine.

I used to use CCleaner, and this is a VERY unpopular opinion but I think it's trash. I've tried it on various machines, and I can never see any markable performance improvement after using it. I don't know if I'm missing something but I've uninstalled it a few times. Don't hate me folks, it just doesn't work (for me).

Aside from (regretably) using CCleaner and using Rollback; I can't speak to these other uninstallers.

Akshay Gupta

Aug 25, 2016
Hey after deleting sysnetwrk.exe file from dsq folder I am not to connect to server and not able to use browser any more showing no interest connection plz help me what to do?

Reactions: Logethica
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.