Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I am getting tired of troubleshooting issues caused by Windows 10 updates, and I hate seeing my favorite legacy apps become unusable. So I am considering leaving Windows 10 and going back to good old Windows 7.

What do you say: good idea or not?

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Do not hastily for updates, and take them before they are officially released. What is so rush anyway? To get them before? Sooner or later if you use M$ you must come back again 10.

E: And of course you could avoid 10 updates,new one if they don't work with your apps.

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
Win10 for me by a long shot (or Server 2012R2 or 2016).

I think product developers have plenty of time updating broken builds on newer version of Windows. This is why MS provides different update branches. So if one software doesn't work on newer Windows versions, i would blame the developers (not MS).

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
If you really can't live without the old software you have then go ahead and move to windows 7 but remember securing older systems is near impossible and anw eventually you will have to move. I honestly don't see the point of anyone sticking with an old windows version in a home environment.

PS if you remove a few security software you use or play with i am sure you will have less issues. I have a feeling they might attribute to your issues.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Love Windows 10 for its stability and performance and security. I would recommend any one who have a decent PC to install Windows 10 and enjoy.:)

If you are facing issues try resetting the device or perform a clean install. If u are facing app compatibility try the upgraded apps or search for updates.

The only issue I encoutered was with the Graphics and some system drivers, I overrided the Windows default drivers with the official device drivers which helped me fix all the issues. Until now no issues here.

I would never go back to older windows versions unless my hardware requires to.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
At this point, it looks like Windows 10 is winning hands down.
The issue of legacy apps can be solved to a large extent by running them in a virtual machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.