Which version of Windows do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

I use Windows 10, but I honestly regret it. Windows 7 is still the best OS imo
Like always, all depend of what are you looking for. if usability and simplicity , maybe win7 is better to you; if like me you seek built-in security , win7's is just crap compared to Win10.

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I use Windows 10 and so far no issues occur.

Actually Windows 10 is 'almost perfectly' stable on newer and fresher systems since the components including graphics drivers are already optimize without incompatibilities.

Also all of the improvements are indeed enforced to fixed certain issues, yes Windows 10 is still has flaws on other hand but likely because of possible influence of third party programs.

Throughout of security and major updates, my system didn't suffer any major breakdown operation which I conclude of possible security or 3rd party programs may affect the operation of Windows 10.

-----------

In Windows 7, time will come that majority of enterprise should migrate to Windows 10 for not only improving the performance but providing important security patches as possible regardless how it will be vulnerable.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I use Windows 10 and so far no issues occur.

Actually Windows 10 is 'almost perfectly' stable on newer and fresher systems since the components including graphics drivers are already optimize without incompatibilities.

Also all of the improvements are indeed enforced to fixed certain issues, yes Windows 10 is still has flaws on other hand but likely because of possible influence of third party programs.

Throughout of security and major updates, my system didn't suffer any major breakdown operation which I conclude of possible security or 3rd party programs may affect the operation of Windows 10.

-----------

In Windows 7, time will come that majority of enterprise should migrate to Windows 10 for not only improving the performance but providing important security patches as possible regardless how it will be vulnerable.
Agreed 100% Windows 10 from the start to the creators update seems very stable here for me. :)

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
Like always, all depend of what are you looking for. if usability and simplicity , maybe Windows 7 is better to you; if like me you seek built-in security , Windows 7's is just crap compared to Windows 10.

I use third party tools for security, dmittingly because it's an older OS hackers will have more ways to take advantage of vanilla Win 7 but if you beef it up with third party programs it's fine. For instance, I would use MAcrium Reflect over Win 10's image feature, I would never use Windows System Restore in 1,000,000 years. I'll use RollBack instead; or instead of Windows Firewall, I'll use OpenDNS instead.

Windows has never been about usability and simplicity, maybe for some, but it's meant to be built upon.

D

Deleted member 178

I use third party tools for security, dmittingly because it's an older OS hackers will have more ways to take advantage of vanilla Win 7 but if you beef it up with third party programs it's fine. For instance, I would use MAcrium Reflect over Windows 10's image feature, I would never use Windows System Restore in 1,000,000 years. I'll use RollBack instead; or instead of Windows Firewall, I'll use OpenDNS instead.

Indeed if we go with 3rd party apps , i can do an unbreachable setup but all stuff you mentioned, Average Joe won't know it, get my point? ;)

So for your grandma, in term of barebone out-of-the-box security, which OS you will choose? win7 or Win10?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AtlBo and Bill7

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
Indeed if we go with 3rd party apps , i can do an unbreachable setup but all stuff you mentioned, Average Joe won't know it, get my point? ;)

So for your grandma, in term of barebone out-of-the-box security, which OS you will choose? Windows 7 or Windows 10?

I would still choose Windows 7, how's a granny gonna handle Creator Update bricking her machine? At least Win 7 is stable!

F

ForgottenSeer 19494

Windows 10 since 1 Oct 2014. I saw a massive increase of Edge in terms of stability in the Creators Update. It was fast but buggy as hell before, now finally it made me switch over. :D

inuyasha

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 9, 2017
Windows 10 since 1 Oct 2014. I saw a massive increase of Edge in terms of stability in the Creators Update. It was fast but buggy as hell before, now finally it made me switch over. :D

i'm thinking about switching to edge. which extensions do you recommend?

Reactions: AtlBo and Bill7
F

ForgottenSeer 19494

i'm thinking about switching to edge. which extensions do you recommend?
There are not many extensions from which you can choose for now, but I think the best ones are AdBlock Plus and LastPass. Maybe Pocket but bookmark tagging is a paid feature. It's not really the most stable browser but I think I love it. It will only get better in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.