Which version of Windows do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EASTER

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2017
Running confidently for many months now the "shock horror" Windows 8.1 for main use while another separate system is on Windows 10 undergoing some security adjustments for purposes of what else, malware testing.

Creators Update WILL NOT be in the cards for Win 10 on this end until they fix what needs fixing enough while they let those who gladly jumped on board beta test it first, not me.

I have Windows 10 running like a song right now and am not about to let that update bork it, malware maybe yes, Microsoft no. :cool:

Reactions: AtlBo

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Microsoft has always been less than explicit in describing the particulars of updates. It is rare to find a description that explains things in practical terms that most anyone will readily understand.

Funny to me that you put it this way. This is exactly how I have felt over the last 8 years or so. I really have tried to put in the effort, and I have searched for information on non-MS sites and the rest about various MS updates.

I wouldn't expect anyone to attempt to put together this type of information about the updates, such as what can be found on independent sites in some cases. I was interested to know if anyone ever had done this with Windows 7. Back in the XP days, Black Viper was all about the services...sorry to see his site was down last time I checked, but I thought maybe someone had dared to work on updates in this way. Again, no way did I expect there was anyone out there doing so, considering what a difficult if not impossible task it would seem to me to be...

Reactions: shmu26

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Wow thanks! Black Viper has to be the coolest dude on the internet...no offense to you Umbra and your extensive security related revelatory abilities :). Thanks for the link...

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Wow thanks! Black Viper has to be the coolest dude on the internet...no offense to you Umbra and your extensive security related revelatory abilities :). Thanks for the link...
Thanks for the tip. I forgot all about black viper.

Reactions: BugCode and AtlBo
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.