Question Which VPN service would you recommend? Why?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which VPN would you recommend?

• CyberGhost VPN

Votes: 24 7.1%
  • Nord VPN

Votes: 60 17.6%
  • F-Secure Freedome VPN

Votes: 29 8.5%
  • ExpressVPN

Votes: 44 12.9%
  • OkayFreedom VPN

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Hide My Ass VPN

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • PureVPN

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • TorGuard VPN

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • IPVanish VPN

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other (Specify in thread)

Votes: 152 44.7%

• Total voters

Fuzzy_Bunny

Level 4
Sep 19, 2019
Only if you manually enter https. Otherwise it goes to the http site. This is not the case for other VPNs.

That doesn't mean too much, as it's a little known VPN, It's not even mentioned at the following link.

He is probably founder of that VPN company and this is forum is great place for marketing

Reactions: Venustus and Cortex

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I have Windscribe Pro. But I have become so paranoid that I don't even trust VPNs anymore. I think my goal is to get my data through the lowest number of nodes that NSA and other spooks can spook up on.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I have Windscribe Pro. But I have become so paranoid that I don't even trust VPNs anymore. I think my goal is to get my data through the lowest number of nodes that NSA and other spooks can spook up on.
Agree they aren’t to be trusted...but most people don’t need to worry about the NSA. They don’t care about most people’s traffic even if they could see it all.

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
I have Windscribe Pro but I use it only on my phone if I connect to other Wifi networks.
On my Laptop I don't use it anymore because I don't see the point to make my life harder.

Last edited:
  • Applause
Reactions: Cortex

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I have Windscribe Pro but I use it only on my phone if I connect to other Wifi networks.
On my Laptop I don't use it anymore because I don't see the point to make my life harder.
Agree: I personally like Mullvad, but any VPN can cause issues such as sites you need to sign in to such as eBay, Amazon etc wondering who you are (I disdain saving cookies) & sending check codes, Gmail doesn't seem to like VPN's esp on Thunderbird & Outlook, some slowdown with some AV's such as Kaspersky etc. AdGuard has fixed some issues with some VPN's but can cause slowdowns with others. I's OK of you have a really fast speed but mine is OK but I can do without losing speed so for normal? browsing I don't use VPN but I do for more critical (abnormal browsing?) that's how it's turned out with me. For my phone it's on when I'm out.

Last edited:

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
Try Mullvad via wireguard.
What do you think about the security of Wireguard'? Some sources say it is still in development and we don't know if it is secure enough or not.
I used it in the past maybe 1 year ago and it was very fast.
I'm looking for to change because Windscribe has so many issues plus it doesn't support Wireguard and they said will not for a while.

Reactions: Cortex and Venustus

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Didn't somebody file a lawsuit against Nord for logging their customers data and selling it?
Not exactly. Their was a lawsuit between their supposed parent company (or at least they supposedly have the same owner) and another vpn owner over proprietary technology for data mining and network bandwidth use. Nord was never a part of the actual suit. Though it does make them seem shady.

computer man

Level 2
Sep 26, 2019
Last edited:

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I know this thread is about VPN. But since for many VPN equals privacy. And another thing privacy users like to suggest is using Tor.

I thought this article would be interesting for some of you, though off-topic.

Reactions: Venustus and Cortex
F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Thread author
I thought this article would be interesting for some of you, though off-topic.
it is why i laugh on those privacy paranoids making extravagants TOR setup but using Windows lol

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.