Question Which VPN service would you recommend? Why?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which VPN would you recommend?

• CyberGhost VPN

Votes: 24 7.0%
  • Nord VPN

Votes: 60 17.6%
  • F-Secure Freedome VPN

Votes: 29 8.5%
  • ExpressVPN

Votes: 44 12.9%
  • OkayFreedom VPN

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Hide My Ass VPN

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • PureVPN

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • TorGuard VPN

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • IPVanish VPN

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other (Specify in thread)

Votes: 153 44.9%

• Total voters

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
Perfect Privacy is the best in my opinion ! And unlimited connections.
Any particular reason you think it's the best other than the unlimited connections?

Ive tested an extremely high amount of VPNs but this isn't one I've looked in to.

At €120 a year, it seems crazy high priced.

That's double the price of Mullvad which isn't one of the cheaper ones.

ksbf11

Level 1
Jun 8, 2018
There are many VPNs, certainly they are even better than the ones I mentioned. However I do not read the names of KS or BF on this site regarding VPNs. Furthermore, on the official websites of both products, they state that privacy is 100% secure. Uhm, I do not know what to think.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
@ksbf11

try ExpressVPN,NordVPN, Mullvad
Both are powerd by Hotspotshiled but Kaspersky:

"
Kaspersky Lab Statement on Data Processing in Kaspersky Secure Connection

Kaspersky Lab and AnchorFree have a partnership to provide users with a VPN solution called Kaspersky Secure Connection. This solution combines Kaspersky Lab’s own applications for different platforms developed in-house, with AnchorFree’s infrastructure for encrypting and transmitting user traffic.

The legal agreement between Kaspersky Lab and AnchorFree guarantees that Kaspersky Secure Connection doesn’t misuse or share user data with third parties. Both parties monitor only anonymous aggregated stats on product use, to ensure the best protection quality for their users. This is also confirmed by AnchorFree’s privacy policy, which is published here Hotspot Shield Privacy Frequently Asked Questions | Hotspot Shield."

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
This is just me, but I wouldn't use a VPN provider that does other products.

I want one that their entire business model is focused on, if they screw over the users, it's their entire business & reputation :p

ksbf11

Level 1
Jun 8, 2018
I had identified KS and BD VPNs, because they have an affordable price. Most of the VPNs I've seen, have excessive prices. So I'm looking for a VPN also based on the quality-price ratio.

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
The Vpns services are good, but they are hematophagous of data-packets (miners), if you behave well, Do not fear, they draining everything that goes through its tunnel. believe me! but even if they are like this, it is better to live drained in that way, than your internet provider do it towards on you. believe me Again! :giggle:

uduoix

Level 5
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
They all collect info. Do you really think they would pay big fee or even go on court for yours 50-100 eur/dollars per year? If you do something illegal they will give all logs to law enforcement.

I'm pretty sure for good money they would sell data to third party companies

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
They all collect info. Do you really think they would pay big fee or even go on court for yours 50-100 eur/dollars per year? If you do something illegal they will give all logs to law enforcement.

I'm pretty sure for good money they would sell data to third party companies

The last point you've made is the one that concerns everyone here. the tunnelling companies must respect the agreement. money always corrupts the human being.

zzz00m

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 10, 2017
Windscribe Pro and Avira Phantom VPN Pro.

Windscribe is based in Canada and Avira is in Germany. I use both and have read and agree with their privacy policies.

They both have a free version with limited bandwidth and server connection points, so you can test drive for as long as you like.

Disclaimer: I only use VPN to secure my data, not to be anonymous. YMMV.

My ISP, who is now free to sell my data thanks to the US Congress, only knows who my VPN providers are, and how much bandwidth I use each month. LOL! :ROFLMAO:

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Thread author
I won't disclose what VPN service I use. Including the ones on my own COLO hosted servers.

However, for public ones.. I just tried Windscribe, and well, it's pretty fast. Ping isn't stellar, but the speed is quite good. This is with a free account.

ws.png

Reactions: Andrew999

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.