Question Which VPN service would you recommend? Why?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which VPN would you recommend?

• CyberGhost VPN

Votes: 24 7.1%
  • Nord VPN

Votes: 60 17.6%
  • F-Secure Freedome VPN

Votes: 29 8.5%
  • ExpressVPN

Votes: 44 12.9%
  • OkayFreedom VPN

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Hide My Ass VPN

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • PureVPN

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • TorGuard VPN

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • IPVanish VPN

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other (Specify in thread)

Votes: 152 44.7%

• Total voters

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Avira Phantom VPN Pro, well great fastest VPN in my country i use Phone/PC no problem

Wait for the review..

Reactions: utente6

utente6

Level 1
Jun 11, 2018
I received a huge bid for Bitdefender VPN, really cheap price, around $ 20. I find Bitdefender reliable. There will be a reason if they are the company with the highest number of users in the world. I want to give my trust to them, if you want guys, I will update you. I do not believe that the privacy of users is violated, they are too serious as company, and would put their brand at risk for no reason.

Reactions: Andrew999

Aerdian

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jun 3, 2018
I received a huge bid for Bitdefender VPN, really cheap price, around $ 20. I find Bitdefender reliable. There will be a reason if they are the company with the highest number of users in the world. I want to give my trust to them, if you want guys, I will update you. I do not believe that the privacy of users is violated, they are too serious as company, and would put their brand at risk for no reason.

I'd agree with that. Plus it comes with Bitdefender Total Security 2018, so a great option if you're already using the AV :)

utente6

Level 1
Jun 11, 2018
Exactly,
I also received an offer for total security, really low prices, I'm amazed. I will buy both products. Total Security and VPN cost less than Kaspersky Total Security ONLY.

Reactions: Aerdian

Aerdian

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jun 3, 2018
Exactly,
I also received an offer for total security, really low prices, I'm amazed. I will buy both products. Total Security and VPN cost less than Kaspersky Total Security ONLY.
But you don't have to buy both products, since the VPN is included with Total Security. But yes, Bitdefender is quite competitive on pricing, especially considering the features they include.

Reactions: utente6

utente6

Level 1
Jun 11, 2018
Yeah man, if you have the chance to talk with the support, they will make you good offers. I am aware that Total Security has the 200 MB built-in VPN, but if them make an offer, 20$ for having 1 year of VPN with unlimited traffic, I think it's a good deal

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
About Windscribe VPN:
- connection logs(bandwith)
- based in Canada(five eyes country)
- slow speed

About Avira:
- based in Germany(14 eyes country)
- connection is constantly dropping
- useless download speed

I prefer a true VPN like Mullvad, ExpressVPN or Nord.

zzz00m

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 10, 2017
About Windscribe VPN:
- based in Canada(five eyes country)
- slow speed

About Avira:
- based in Germany(14 eyes country)
- connection is constantly dropping
- useless download speed

I prefer a true VPN like Mullvad, ExpressVPN or Nord.

Bandwidth logs are not a real privacy issue.

5 or 14 eyes is only an issue if you are a threat to the state. A government agency is going to own you no matter what VPN or country you are in.

Your reported connection issues and speed may be true for your location, but I am getting top speed here with very reliable connections.

FYI: Nord is the slowest VPN I tested...

Reactions: SumTingWong

slash/

Level 6
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
is the VPN on opera browser good? it is free. it is what i use.
What data do we collect?
The information we collect may include: personal data, for example your name, email, IP-address, location; and non-personal technical data, for example who manufactured your device, your screen's resolution, your mobile operator's region and code. A complete list of the data we collect and purpose of collection may vary between our products and services. You can find detailed descriptions in the product/service-related sections below.
Privacy Statement | Opera

It depends what you are using it for. You are being logged.

Reactions: Weebarra and Brie

Brie

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
thank you both. :)
What data do we collect?
The information we collect may include: personal data, for example your name, email, IP-address, location; and non-personal technical data, for example who manufactured your device, your screen's resolution, your mobile operator's region and code. A complete list of the data we collect and purpose of collection may vary between our products and services. You can find detailed descriptions in the product/service-related sections below.
Privacy Statement | Opera

It depends what you are using it for. You are being logged.
@Brie opera vpn is more a proxy then vpn

Reactions: Weebarra

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
Currently using Mullvad.

No account, No email, Bitcoin = No identifiable trace back.

Wireguard compatible on Mobile.

Prime Video works on it too!

Yeah, I was thinking of the same tactic with my current VPN provider.
However they know your real IP address, so every hard work, (Bitcoin, no account etc) is pointless.

Reactions: SumTingWong

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
nah they don't.

signed up through diff VPN & Tor lol

but even if they do indeed have my real IP, there is absolutely no way to link it to me directly.

The fact there is no account, email or payment traceback - I think its the best Privacy VPN available, its unqiue in this approach which i love.

Only potential problem is, lose your randomised sign in ID & there's no way for them to recover your account lol

Last edited:

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Windscribe Free is a good option for those who do not wish to pay for a VPN service.

~LDogg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.