Question Which VPN service would you recommend? Why?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which VPN would you recommend?

• CyberGhost VPN

Votes: 24 7.0%
  • Nord VPN

Votes: 60 17.6%
  • F-Secure Freedome VPN

Votes: 29 8.5%
  • ExpressVPN

Votes: 44 12.9%
  • OkayFreedom VPN

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Hide My Ass VPN

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • PureVPN

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • TorGuard VPN

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • IPVanish VPN

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other (Specify in thread)

Votes: 153 44.9%

• Total voters

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Marketing hype, they are good but not the best. The top two are IVPN and Mullvad VPN.

1- a VPN doesn't make you safer, they make you less distinguishable. VPNs have nothing to do with security, it is just about privacy.
2- They don't conflict, they can run one over the other. Personally i use Tor over a VPN.
Whats about Unlimited vpn?

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I have found out why Windscribe take a long time to reply to support tickets. This is from their latest response to my support ticket, which they took 3 and a half days to reply to.
We have a team of 4 people doing support for 18 million users.
With that many users, obviously they can afford to employ a lot more support staff.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I am using SurfEasy VPN and the speed is fabulous. The monthly plan is for $1.99 which is very good. My main concern is that the company was acquired by Opera back in 2015, so I am not very sure about its security. Maybe one of the awesome members here have something to say about it?

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Use Mullvad, only down side is Sweden ( 14 eyes country).

Good to mention:
ExpressVPN
Windscribe
Perfect Privacy
Vpn.ac

Dex4Sure

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
May 14, 2019
Been using TorGuard, works fine for what I need, which is mainly to get past geographic restrictions... Just recently exploited Indian location to get YouTube Premium for less than 2 dollars a month. Pretty hilarious how Google has overlooked it.

• HaHa
Reactions: RKRN3

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
@verifieda Here are others that are good. VPNMentor is an independent review site. They are on YouTube as well.
What do you think about them?

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I have found out why Windscribe take a long time to reply to support tickets. This is from their latest response to my support ticket, which they took 3 and a half days to reply to.

With that many users, obviously they can afford to employ a lot more support staff.
Yeah, it does sound like they need more staff.

Hopefully this is true and they actually focus on development

Time will tell i guess.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
i find the debate about "what is best VPN" so very curious
the list of best VPNs was established 10 years ago
and the top ones has not changed in that 10 years
this is another case of "maybe there is something better out there" and "i am addicted to playing with softs so why not ?" behaviors
why can't people just stick to the fundamentals and common sense ?
oh, i forgot, they are people
because NordVPN happened.

• HaHa
Reactions: RKRN3

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
lmao, that isn't noteworthy one single bit
it doesn't affect either of us. But for those users that had it for years (might go as far as 8 years) and were greatly disappointed by the issues that were reveal they would probably like to research and discuss alternatives.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
VPN is all about feelings... feeling that if one uses VPN then they are safer
That's pretty much what I feel many VPN provider go for whenever they say "We use military-grade encryption the same used by the U.S. military".
It's that kind of wording that seems design to make users feel secure.

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.