Question Which VPN service would you recommend? Why?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which VPN would you recommend?

• CyberGhost VPN

Votes: 24 7.0%
  • Nord VPN

Votes: 60 17.6%
  • F-Secure Freedome VPN

Votes: 29 8.5%
  • ExpressVPN

Votes: 44 12.9%
  • OkayFreedom VPN

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Hide My Ass VPN

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • PureVPN

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • TorGuard VPN

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • IPVanish VPN

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other (Specify in thread)

Votes: 153 44.9%

• Total voters

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I'm using BulletVPN now. I'm getting very good speeds and the customer support is excellent. For what I can tell, they seem to have a decent privacy policy. You can still buy lifetime licenses for $39 from StackSocial. But as with any VPN, it makes sense to buy a month subscription first, so that you can see how well it works for you, before spending the extra money for a longer subscription.

I ditched Windscribe, because although it is an excellent VPN with good speeds and a very stable Windows client, their customer support is terrible.

At the moment their Windows client is severely lacking in features, but they are going to be adding more features in a few weeks.
Yup, I am using it as well with VyprVPN. Their android apps can be used in China especially when I am not on business trips.....carrying only handphones. Very convenient for me.
I tried Vypr recently, but found that I was getting constant CPU use of around 9 to over 20% from their Windows client, when connected. Their customer support is good, but they said I really need a faster computer to have lower CPU use and that I could expect it to be around 95% at times (which does not sound right). But at least they were responsive and made some attempt to help me. If not for CPU usage issue, I would still be using it.

Lorthemar

Level 1
Mar 18, 2020
@verifieda @H7ZXJX7 All those sites are worthless, they have no clues about VPNs , they just list those heavily marketed...proof? the most popular VPNs used among real privacy/anonymity paranoids aren't even listed...sum it all...

and again PCmag lot of crap as usual...

PC Mag is a sponsored post website. If you want to get anything posted there you'll have to pay something anywhere between $500 and I don't know how high. One of my teammates at work had reached out to them for crediting a source, and they had asked us to sponsor it. Like, why would we sponsor our own content that you are using without referring back to us. Most review websites make money by listing the highest bidder. They might test the tools but they don't rate the objectively. You can easily understand that by how they value pros and cons in a 'sponsored' product vs. an unsponsored product.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I would reiterate that you want to trust your vpn more than your ISP if you are using it most of the time. If you just want to hide torrenting or adult sites from your ISP or your local network most will do that. But you are offering up the chance to give a lot of info to these companies. The only ones I would trust are IVPN or Mullvad. Maybe OVPN, they seem to have some promise, but I don’t know much about them. These companies aren’t shady about their ownership and have good records for security and trust (not sure about OVPN in this respect, but they are straightforward about their ownership).

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
FI,

I'm using VyprVPN for android and it has WireGuard protocol in its v4.x now. Later it'll come to other platforms as well

and ExpressVPN will be coming out with its new Lightway protocol

blacksheep

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Mar 8, 2020
FI,

I'm using VyprVPN for android and it has WireGuard protocol in its v4.x now. Later it'll come to other platforms as well

and ExpressVPN will be coming out with its new Lightway protocol

They are quite late to the party, most of VPN companies pushed it already in 2018.

How much decreases speeds PIA VPN?
It depends on many factors. Usually I see drops with any VPN provider around ~20-30% slower.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Thread author
What about when you go to public WiFi ? maybe some site blocked your country?
If I use public WiFi I don't have any problems.
I'm using encrypted DNS, all sites are https and device is up2date & hardened so i don't provide any attack surface.

I don't know any blocked sites and never see one by myself or by friends.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.