Question Which VPN service would you recommend? Why?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which VPN would you recommend?

• CyberGhost VPN

Votes: 24 7.0%
  • Nord VPN

Votes: 60 17.6%
  • F-Secure Freedome VPN

Votes: 29 8.5%
  • ExpressVPN

Votes: 44 12.9%
  • OkayFreedom VPN

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Hide My Ass VPN

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • PureVPN

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • TorGuard VPN

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • IPVanish VPN

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other (Specify in thread)

Votes: 153 44.9%

• Total voters
F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Thread author
This is dependent on what country you reside in.
Germany.
Also it depending on sites too.

But as I say I don't know any sites which are blocked nor I don't know any friend who need or use a VPN.
Most people using a VPN only because of Missinformation, reading from internet

Reactions: cliffspab

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017

Reasons to use a VPN:

The site that blocked by the country or they blocked the country
Public WiFi for safe
Some apps like WhatsApp (Call), iMO, etc blocked due to the GOV
some stream netflix, hulu and others
more

read this

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Thread author
Reasons to use a VPN:

The site that blocked by the country or they blocked the country
Public WiFi for safe
Some apps like WhatsApp (Call), iMO, etc blocked due to the GOV
some stream netflix, hulu and others
more

read this
None of them are reasons nor normal user's or for me.

As I say, my wifi usage is safe. Even with untrusted & unsecure WiFi.

If services are blocked from Gov, it doesn't make sense to use a VPN. Also that's realy hard restrictions then. Never heard of that
Streams on mobile phones doesn't make fun at all so I don't see a reason to use it anyway on such devices.

I say it again: most user use a VPN because of Missinformation ;)

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Germany.
Also it depending on sites too.

But as I say I don't know any sites which are blocked nor I don't know any friend who need or use a VPN.
I would largely agree with your thoughts on this. The boom in VPN providers has come with a lot of fear mongering and misinformation. I still prefer using a VPN on public WiFi. But I think most people who use one are really just hiding their torrenting. And most of the rest are using it for geolocated streaming content.

I like the privacytools.io take.
VPN Services | PrivacyTools

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Thread author
Well look im saying you are totally wrong who told you thats because of missinformation ?
Experts like Daniel Micay.

I'm always laugh if new VPN has leaks, sell data or want much money and still users fall into this trap because of random guys spread it

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Experts like Daniel Micay.

I'm always laugh if new VPN has leaks, sell data or want much money and still users fall into this trap because of random guys spread it

alright where can i see? or source link that talk about VPN?

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
alright where can i see? or source link that talk about VPN?
Check out the link I shared. It has a link for “the risks involved” where they share some of the critical views of VPNs. I don’t dislike them the way some of the critics do and they do have their uses. But, the critics have some valid points.

VPN Services | PrivacyTools

I do find the argument that it doesn’t secure http traffic misleading in combination with saying public WiFi is fine with https. A lot of public WiFi routers are not setup securely, and there have been cases where it’s been tampered with. In this case a VPN would assist in encrypting your http connection past the dirty router. And not to mention not share the domains you’re visiting over https either. Privacy, not really security.

Last edited:

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
I know that site i've read them before well security123 means PrivacyTools? this? i'm not talking about privacy i was saying to him why he's not use a VPN i explained to him about some site blocked , whatsapp (video calls) blocked, etc

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
There have been threads on here & on other forums running to three hundred million pages & no conclusion was ever reached - Seems it's a personal choice, I use a decent VPN & for me there are no disadvantages - However other prefer not to, I feel there is no right or wrong here? :):)

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I use Express VPN. I have a 150 MB down conn. but my ISP give me 160. After I started to use Express VPN, both on the recommended setting, but also both TCP and UDP open, it took around 30-40% of my speed, even in Denmark. When I changed to The Netherlands and used the IKEv2 protocol, I have 160 MB down. I dont understand it can be that fast, but I'm not complaining.:)

SerialCart

From Serialcart.com
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 27, 2019
Just in case you are interested in HMA VPN, here is a good offer:

;)
I'm with the Pure VPN. But I also want to try HMA (Hide My Ass) as well.

Reactions: Nevi and Cortex

cliffspab

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 4, 2019
Just in case you are interested in HMA VPN, here is a good offer:

;)

I had HMA installed a while ago. It turned out to be the reason my system was making hundreds of calls to an avast URL that I noticed when I checked my NextDNS logs. It wasn't even running at the time, just the Windows service.

I'm now pretty sceptical about the product, to be honest.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.