Which Windows Operating System Are You Using Now?

• Windows 95

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Windows 98

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Windows 2000

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Windows ME

• Windows XP

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Windows Vista

• Windows 7

Votes: 44 35.8%
  • Windows 8, 8.1

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Windows 10

Votes: 74 60.2%
  • Total voters

DracusNarcrym

Level 19
Verified
Windows 10 Professional x64 and Home x64 versions on my two main machines, ever since it was released.

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 on the rest of my computers and the computers of my family members.

EDIT: Regarding the Windows 10 privacy scandal: I have made custom security tweaks to Windows 10 in terms of privacy, plus I used COMODO Firewall to block numerous hostnames with which Windows 10 communicates for the purpose of data mining.

Last edited:

terene

Level 10
Verified
Dual booted Win 8.1 and Windows 10? If so how would the license be distributed on both the machines?
Windows 10 is installed on SSD and I use a different license. I don't know if the license for Windows 8.1 can be distribuied

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Trusted
Windows 10 is installed on SSD and I use a different license. I don't know if the license for Windows 8.1 can be distribuied
I meant whether you use both the os in same machine with a single license. Or you have purchased different licence for each of them.?

WalterWolf

Level 3
Verified
I'm using Windows 7 legit, I have legit key for Windows 10 but I don't wanna use it. Every other OS after Windows 7 looks to me like beta OS.

WalterWolf

Level 3
Verified
No software are 100% good include OS period. It like your immune system will never protect you 100% all the time.
I don't need immune system. I just want system which is stable and easy to use. I hate OS that looks like disco ball, where you need to click 5-6 times to get to the option that you need. I've used Windows 8.1 long time and Windows 10 few weeks.

Reactions: Hangtooth

roger_m

Level 24
Verified
Content Creator
I'm running Windows 10 on three laptops.

I have one laptop still with Windows 7 installed. I am going to upgrade to Windows 10, but can't right now as I can't install Windows 7 SP1. One day, when I managed to help to fix the issues which prevent SP1 from installing, I will upgrade. I won't do a clean install.

I'm running XP on another laptop as I don't have spare Windows 7 or 8 licenses.

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Windows 8.1 Pro before. Then switched to Windows 10 immediately after its released. Windows 10 was much better, but not in speed, for my low-end system, 8.1 was much faster. After the few updates after the Fall Update, my system went nuts, could not boot to Windows. Tried to reset and clean install again Windows 10, would not allow. So I did a clean install of Win 8.1, which worked.

So now back in 8.1. I will upgrade to 10 maybe in June.

Hangtooth

Level 5
Just upgraded our two machines from 7 to 10 this week. Spent the rest of the week tweaking it and cleaning up the mess the upgrade process left behind. I am just fussy though, and was also testing new security solutions throughout.

Reactions: frogboy