Which Windows Operating System Are You Using Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Windows 10 Professional x64 and Home x64 versions on my two main machines, ever since it was released.

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 on the rest of my computers and the computers of my family members.

EDIT: Regarding the Windows 10 privacy scandal: I have made custom security tweaks to Windows 10 in terms of privacy, plus I used COMODO Firewall to block numerous hostnames with which Windows 10 communicates for the purpose of data mining.

Last edited:

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I use Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 on my HP Envy 17 3D and Windows 10 and Tails from USB on ASUS G751 Notebook.
Dual booted Win 8.1 and Win10? If so how would the license be distributed on both the machines?

Reactions: maximus

Shadowave

Level 10
Verified
Aug 10, 2012
Dual booted Win 8.1 and Win10? If so how would the license be distributed on both the machines?
Windows 10 is installed on SSD and I use a different license. I don't know if the license for Windows 8.1 can be distribuied

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Windows 10 is installed on SSD and I use a different license. I don't know if the license for Windows 8.1 can be distribuied
I meant whether you use both the os in same machine with a single license. Or you have purchased different licence for each of them.?

WalterWolf

Level 3
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
I'm using Windows 7 legit, I have legit key for Windows 10 but I don't wanna use it. Every other OS after Windows 7 looks to me like beta OS.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
I'm using Windows 7 legit, I have legit key for Windows 10 but I don't wanna use it. Every other OS after Windows 7 looks to me like beta OS.

No software are 100% good include OS period. It like your immune system will never protect you 100% all the time.

WalterWolf

Level 3
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
No software are 100% good include OS period. It like your immune system will never protect you 100% all the time.

I don't need immune system. I just want system which is stable and easy to use. I hate OS that looks like disco ball, where you need to click 5-6 times to get to the option that you need. I've used Windows 8.1 long time and Win 10 few weeks.

Reactions: Hangtooth

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I'm running Windows 10 on three laptops.

I have one laptop still with Windows 7 installed. I am going to upgrade to Windows 10, but can't right now as I can't install Windows 7 SP1. One day, when I managed to help to fix the issues which prevent SP1 from installing, I will upgrade. I won't do a clean install.

I'm running XP on another laptop as I don't have spare Windows 7 or 8 licenses.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I am running Windows 10 on one and W7 on another. ;)

Getting to like Windows 10 more every day. :D

Reactions: Hangtooth

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Windows 8.1 Pro before. Then switched to Win 10 immediately after its released. Win 10 was much better, but not in speed, for my low-end system, 8.1 was much faster. After the few updates after the Fall Update, my system went nuts, could not boot to Windows. Tried to reset and clean install again Win 10, would not allow. So I did a clean install of Win 8.1, which worked.

So now back in 8.1. I will upgrade to 10 maybe in June.

Hangtooth

Level 5
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
Just upgraded our two machines from 7 to 10 this week. Spent the rest of the week tweaking it and cleaning up the mess the upgrade process left behind. I am just fussy though, and was also testing new security solutions throughout.

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.