Which Windows Operating System Are You Using Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
Desktop & Laptop on Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)
And my old Acer Veriton 1000 on XP SP3 use it as multi-media player connected to my tv

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Windows 10 in my HP Notebook Series 14 (formerly Windows 8 Update 1)

Windows 7 in my Virtual Machine (test of viruses, trial products)

Windows XP for old Gateway Desktop (trial products and other miscellaneous purpose)

D

Deleted member 178

Try Linux Mint latest stable version. It is very similar to Windows and easy to use for ex-windows user.

Check the various version on their site, check their forum, you will find many help for installing it.

S

Sr. Normal

Hmm. I will surely try it. Which version should I download 14.04.2 or 14.10? Is it easy to use??

If you want a Linux distro (Operating System) based on Ubuntu, let me recommend Xubuntu. Choose a KISS distro (Keep It Easy, Stupid), ie a distro for Linux beginners.

For me, the best to begin are: Zorin (aesthetically very similar to Windows 7, based on Ubuntu), Q4OS (aesthetically, a clone of Windows XP, based on Debian Stable), the afore mentioned Xubuntu 14.04 LTS and Manjaro Xfce (very intuitive both, Manjaro is based on Arch)

Download a live CD / DVD. You can burn it to a CD/DVD or USB and test it without installing anything on your computer. For a better idea, you can always install it on a virtual machine.

Linux has many distributions with different desktops, you will find the most comfortable for you.
Do not forget that you can run Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Thunderbird, qBittorrent, Amule (emule), Libreoffice ... worth trying it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kent and frogboy

PauloXBR

Level 1
Verified
Dec 9, 2012
Windows 10, mas ainda se sentia mais confortável com o 8.1 ... foi criado inteiramente para o meu gosto, eu ainda tenho que trabalhar em 10 configurações.

Windows 10, but still felt more comfortable with the 8.1 ... was set entirely to my taste, still I have to work in 10 settings.

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
Windows 10 Home x64.
Windows 7 is better (less bug + more stable) but everyone will use Windows 10 eventually. So, staying with 10 and hoping that it becomes more stable fast and soon :)

Reactions: Kuttz

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Win 10 64bit on both my lappy and desktop!

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
LinuxLite 2.6 x64. There's nothing light about its feature set, only that it runs fast even on older/smaller hardware, and it's specifically designed to be an easy segue from Windows. I've converted six machines so far, and all have been successes.

I do confess to liking Win 8.1. MS did its usual boneheaded bully moves in removing the Start menu, etc, and in removing control of some of the utilities from the user (chkdsk, eg), and in making working on the OS much more difficult, but it has some very creative improvements as well.

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Keep on mind this poll is for Windows OS. Someone want to start a Linux OS poll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.