Which Windows Operating System Are You Using Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
windows everything one customizable and 100 securely .-)) boot for 1 Secunda small only 2 megabytes everything in the cloud. :D:D:D:p:p

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
This is the first time I have seen someone say 8 is better than 8.1
Both have the Pro's and Con's. For example:
  • Windows 8.1 - Pro: Windows 8.1 has an improved Windows Defender with Network Inspection Service, making it on par with Microsoft Security Essentials.
  • Windows 8.1 - Pro: Minimise and Close buttons on Store apps
  • Windows 8 - Con: User needs to drag down Store apps to close (not very mouse friendly)
  • Windows 8 - Pro: You can use OneDrive stand-alone (similar to Windows 7)
  • Windows 8.1 - Con: You need to link your Microsoft Account to use OneDrive
  • Eventually you'll be forced to upgrade when your software is not compatible with Windows 8, and requires 8.1 or later.

Reactions: Rishi

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I have windows 10 on my laptop that I use all the time. I also have two desktops, one with windows 7 64bit, and one older pc with windows XP.

Reactions: Rishi and JakeXPMan

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Windows 10 Home on my both laptop.

Previously use Win7 - one of the great. No gave no problem for me.
Tried Win 8 on newly purchased ultrabook, never liked its interface, very "Androidy"

Reactions: JakeXPMan

done

Level 5
Verified
Mar 19, 2015
W8.1 with all Telemetry and W10 Upgrade KBs uninstalled and automatic updates Blocked...

W10 isn't ready yet. Maybe in 2 or 3 years... maybe...
yep agree with you. .i didn't like it at all. windows 7 much faster and stable on C2D CPU

Reactions: frogboy

kkwjenny

Dec 7, 2015
I've been using Windows 10 since August. I was skeptical about it for some passive reviews about it. But Windows 10 is the trend, isn't it? I installed it and found it not that bad. It has improved a lot. The Task Manager is easier to find, you just right-click on the task bar, there you can find it. It's also easy to stop some programs from auto-starting up when Windows starts. The only thing that I'm not quite satisfied with is that the default text size is too small.

Reactions: Rishi and frogboy

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips @kkwjenny :). Before we start I would like to request you to create new threads in the following sections.
  1. New Member Introductions
  2. Security Configuration Wizard
Yes you are right Windows 10 is the advanced OS compared to older versions of Microsoft's Builds. But I would like to say that some users feel that the older versions were good and stick to it.
The task manager was found even the older versions and the new thing implemented was from Windows 8 , i.e to opt the startup items, this feature was unavailable below Windows 8 OS's.
Coming to the default text size, Its depends on what resolution u are running in the monitor. You can change the text size manually to make it comfortable for your view by setting up in the Settings>>System>>Display window. i.e
Ashampoo_Snap_2015.12.07_13h21m16s_001_Settings.png

Thankyou:)

Last edited:

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Currently running Windows 10 on my main gaming machine, Windows 8.1 on two separate machines and 2 Linux Distros (Debian and Arch Linux) on 3 systems.

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Win 7 Ultimate Sp1 on my home laptop and win xp/Linux Mint/Kolibri VMs on win 10 computer. Tails on my USB.

Shadowave

Level 10
Verified
Aug 10, 2012
I use Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 on my HP Envy 17 3D and Windows 10 and Tails from USB on ASUS G751 Notebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.