Advice Request Why do you like to try new antivirus ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
I'm a great Kaspersky's fan and I always used it on my more important PCs (work, financial, shopping, family datas, childrens school).
But I enjoy very much to try other security solutions on my less important PCs. I'm not sure exactly for what reasons but I think that it is only curiosity about new features and to be sure that my choice is the better for me (protection, features, lightness).
Are there other so much curious users ?

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Not long ago I was testing 3 solutions for my family and office. I wanted a single solution for both that wouldn't cause great performance impact and was as automatic as possible while giving me a centralized report. Not so much curiosity but looking for the most adequate product for my particular needs.

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
I used to try a lot of security solutions. But nowadays, I have two or three combinations and I stick to them. For instance, Microsoft Defender and Configure Defender. I read the threads about CD and I try to get the best settings for my PC. Protection, features, lightness are good reasons; I would add the expertise and experience of many people on Malware Tips.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
It's similar to the feeling of searching for compatibility with the opposite sex; I've been using emisi for a few years now and I haven't given up on finding a more compatible partner. However, I have to keep in mind that if I make the wrong choice, I may end up choosing someone who will cause problems.:)

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I like to try different antiviruses because I love trying new software. As a result, I've used just about every antivirus there is, including little known ones. In the past, I would very regularly change antiviruses. It was rarely done to in an effort to get better protection, as I'm never trying to get the absolute best protection. I just would get bored with using the same antivirus. These days, I rarely change antiviruses on my main computer, as I don't see much point in changing something that is working for me. But I do have another computer with many antiviruses installed, to satisfy my curiosity.

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
I had a lot of safety on my computer.
It has always been the more interesting feature of security, light and efficiency.
I am currently holding system security or Windows Defender + Hard_Configurator and this is the best protection for me.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I have tried them all {well just about) I always end up back with Kaspersky Total security, And for my wife Microsoft Dender, Kaspersky memory 5-6 % Microsoft 8%,how Kaspersky is lighter than built in Defender (when on my system) ??? . I can relate to the urge to try something new, programs like Avg ultimate, Norton 360 have nice additions, the tune up utilities have proven to be snake oil. I guess I am vulnerable, whenever I hear {read} others configurations curiosity makes me want to try new extensions etc... But as the old saying goes KISS =keep it simple stupid {reference to me. It's just fun

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Its amazing to change my Av every year,its make me feel better to test longer....
hmmm, I do't married with my AV :D
also if you live with another Avs, you may understand which one are really better :p
also I am big fan of Kaspersky btw I test over 15 Avs...
Dr.Web is one them, you may never heard about it in Lab test or internet...but its really good
BitDefender(I called it BugDefender) is really worst in level of bug & heavily , but you may see Labs mark this bug ware as 'Woww lighter av around the world'!
and so....:D

Last edited:

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Its amazing to change my Av every year,its make me feel better to test longer....
hmmm, I do't married with my AV :D
also if you live with another Avs, you may understand which one are really better :p
also I am big fan of Kaspersky btw I test over 15 Avs...
Dr.Web is one them, you may never heard about it in Lab test or internet...but its really good
BitDefender(I called it BugDefender) is really worst in level of bug & heavily , but you may see Labs mark this bug ware as 'Woww lighter av around the world'!
and so....:D
MS Defender will stay close to you, even if you enjoy dating with different people.👩‍👦

It may sound like a joke, but I think it contains a little truth. In other words, if you try out various software programs and don't like any of them, you can go back to the defender.👩‍❤️‍👨

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
MS Defender will stay close to you, even if you enjoy dating with different people.👩‍👦

It may sound like a joke, but I think it contains a little truth. In other words, if you try out various software programs and don't like any of them, you can go back to the defender.👩‍❤️‍👨
Long Life MS Defender , I married with MSE for 3 years....(microsoft security essential), bad married ...I do't love that bad married :cry: my system infected....

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
This question has become defunct for me ever since I started using Linux full time (or 95%, I go back to Windows for nostalgia :D).
(Arch + KDE) seems to be the best for my taste - unlimited customization, great software repository, super fast 6 hr updates and sweet user experience. Currently on Endeavour OS (heavily customized for Mac look alike :) )
cdDTF6w.jpg

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.