Advice Request Will there be a shortage of computers?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Agree, at least in the UK many are now working from home & found iPads / phones etc don't support MS Office & other productive tools & need laptops or desks to support work - I've had to drag a few old laptops from the grave for a small business I help out - Very difficult to get hold of.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
There's more than enough parts for everyone, they been stockpilling them for a while.

No tech company has delayed any (hardware) product either (AMD, Intel, NVidia, Microsoft, etc.).
There is here, we needed four laptops for a growing small business a close relative runs, some are giving delivery of May, in the end we did get refuubs, & I notice there are some available but not as robust as we would like, better than it was a week ago but so many here (UK) are working from home it's made a difference - I still can source mainboards, chips & bundles & RAM but it's decent lappys that are scarce. Just my opinion.

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
China is just about to restart production/manufacturing again so I wouldn't worry. But it may take a couple of months to get to stores. With the virus most people/retailers have jacked up prices on everything in demand. Do not support these companies or people by buying overpriced hardware or anything else.

sophiakaile

Mar 31, 2020
Agree, at least in the UK many are now working from home & found iPads / phones, etc don't support MS Office & other productive tools & need laptops or desks to support work - I've had to drag a few old laptops from the grave for a small business I help out - Very difficult to get hold of.
yes! here is the issue to find laptops and upgraded systems for small organizations. One of my friends who was started his own business in Las Vegas, and now he is looking for 20pc and 30 laptops for his employee. He tells me that he is facing the issue and ask me for help but I didn't have. If you find any place where they are available. let me know........

Reactions: Divine_Barakah

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.