'Win 10 Tweaker' - Recommendation

SomeRandomCat

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Dec 23, 2020
Couldn't find any threads on this via the search option.

I'm really impressed / happy with this software, and think maybe it's not very popular yet?

It allows to disable/enable or delete Windows store apps and backup / restore any settings or reset to default.

sshot-002.png
sshot-003.png
sshot-004.png
sshot-005.png
sshot-006.png
sshot-007.png
sshot-008.png
sshot-009.png
sshot-010.png
sshot-011.png
sshot-012.png
sshot-013.png
sshot-014.png
sshot-001.png
'Preconfigure Internet Explorer' (Hovering over options displays explanations to the side)
sshot-002.png

Last edited by a moderator:

SomeRandomCat

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Dec 23, 2020
Kaspersky:
sshot-003.png

It's normal for software that modifies so many operating system settings to show false positives. One thing I like about Kaspersky is that it is good at differentiating virus/trojan from software that is potentially dangerous if used wrong/abused.

Blackbird had the same issue with their release, so they re-coded it until it passed. Getting AV companies to fix false positives can be quite the hassle.

FireHammer

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 27, 2020
Kaspersky:
View attachment 253042

It's normal for software that modifies so many operating system settings to show false positives. One thing I like about Kaspersky is that it is good at differentiating virus/trojan from software that is potentially dangerous if used wrong/abused.

Blackbird had the same issue with their release, so they re-coded it until it passed. Getting AV companies to fix false positives can be quite the hassle.
I honestly dont know what is what, so I am getting off the train here, thanks @SomeRandomCat.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Just another tool which break Windows features, e.g.:
- Disable Teredo, ISATAP and IPv6 protocols
- Completely remove OneDrive With all its trash
For me this doesn't make sense and sounds childish.

I wonder if anyone still has an overview over that many tools and let's see when this tool gets abandoned.
Don't get me wrong. It's good if tools make some tweaking easier but users should know what they do, and such tools need big warn banner and a brief explanation of each tweak.

SomeRandomCat

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Dec 23, 2020
Just another tool which break Windows features, e.g.:

For me this doesn't make sense and sounds childish.

I wonder if anyone still has an overview over that many tools and let's see when this tool gets abandoned.
Don't get me wrong. It's good if tools make some tweaking easier but users should know what they do, and such tools need big warn banner and a brief explanation of each tweak.
It does give an explanation of each tweak:

Teredo:
sshot-004.png

OneDrive:
sshot-005.png

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I'm really impressed / happy with this software, and think maybe it's not very popular yet?
How to download it?
IPv6 usage is up to 60%
IPv6 compatible only, it is like with electric cars, IPv4 pool is unlimited, so there is no rush. I bought IPv6 router years ago to be ready and IPv6 is nowhere.
IPv6 is also the main cause of network problems in Windows, especially in WiFi. Not to mention privacy issues. I disable it since XP and it turned out well.

OneDrive is not trash. This Dev OMG
It is trash by design. I use it only, because it is integrated to backup some junk, but MS can not even agree, which app to use, Windows has 2 different version, managed separately.

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
OneDrive is not trash.
OneDrive is bloat, it can be understandeable if you have logged in to constantly eat resources in the background but OneDrive is always wasting RAM and CPU no matter wheter you use it or no. On a modern machine you wouldn't notice but on old machines the performance impact is very high and can render the machine unusable when OneDrive decides by itself it's time to download a heavy update that introduces who knows what changes.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

IPv4 pool is unlimited, so there is no rush.
Not true. The pool is full since years already.
IPv6 is also the main cause of network problems in Windows, especially in WiFi. Not to mention privacy issues. I disable it since XP and it turned out well.
IPv6 Privacy Extensions are enabled by default since XP:
1610841332664.png
Source: IPv6: Privacy Extensions einschalten | c't Magazin (heise.de)

No privacy problems. With nowadays WiFi cards even MAC randomisation can be activated natively in Windows.
This is the opposite of privacy issues.

It is trash by design.
What may be your opinion but not from everyone and to be fair i never get problems with it.

but MS can not even agree, which app to use, Windows has 2 different version, managed separately.
Don't understand what you mean.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Not true. The pool is full since years already.
You can get an unlimited number of IPs from a single IPv4.
What may be your opinion but not from everyone and to be fair i never get problems with it.
Everyone, who does not like PUA thinks that. Onedrive steals files, prevents users from changing settings, etc. It has be either removed or setup, but it can not be left unattended.
Download button is on front page, it's in Russian by default thought. Light-blue button near middle-right of page.
Thanks. I can see literally nothing there, but I got it via TOR.

Attachments

• capture_01172021_005632.jpg
    capture_01172021_005632.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.