Troubleshoot Windows 10 Many Freezes/Crashes/BSOD In The Past Few Days

The BSOD

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 13, 2017
My PC has been crashing a lot lately, and I want to fix that, but I'm not a professional at this. Last time my computer froze was today while playing a game of Town Of Salem on the Microsoft Edge browser. I know that you guys need a crash dump file, but I do not know how to locate it, can someone tell me so I can send it for further help? Please and thank you. Also tell me if you need anything other than the dump file. I'll try to respond as fast as possible.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Did you try Troubleshooting in Windows 10.

Control Panel method

Start > Type 'Control Panel' > Change "View by: Category" to "View by: Small Icons" > Troubleshooting > Left-side panel "View all" > Blue Screen

upload_2017-6-13_22-14-5.png

Windows Settings method

Start > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Blue Screen

upload_2017-6-13_22-15-25.png

Click on Next to continue. Share any results.

upload_2017-6-13_22-19-20.png

Upvote 0

The BSOD

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 13, 2017
UPDATE: 5-10 Mins later I was on steam messaging a friend and got a blue screen. The code was KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Usually the computer freezes than getting a blue screen, and if it does get a blue screen it doesn't show a code.

Reactions: ravi prakash saini
Upvote 0

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Upvote 0

The BSOD

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 13, 2017
I'm not gonna turn on my computer for a while until someone finds a solution, or I got to another forum as suggested and check there, as I just got another BSOD which was Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal, I'm guessing it has something to do with my driver, as its in the name of it.

Upvote 0

RECdevicehelper

Level 2
Verified
Jun 3, 2017
Hi @The BSOD

Firstly, back up any important data to an USB or External Hard drive as this is crucial to before beginning diagnosing and repair.

Secondly,

Please could you download and run CrystalDiskInfoPortable
Make sure you download standard edition portable and extract the zip. Then run it and tell us the condition of your hard drive or ssd.
Say either Good, Caution or Bad

Then after that, download and install SeaTools For Windows
Once it is installed, run the Short Drive Self Test and let us know the results. It will either say pass or fail

These steps will rule out if your hard drive is going bad.

Upvote 0

The BSOD

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 13, 2017
I noticed that you said to back up my data, is there a chance that my files will corrupt? Or is that something everyone has to say before diagnosing. I will download the links and say the results this afternoon.

Upvote 0

Mohan Rajan

Level 2
Verified
May 7, 2016
I'm not gonna turn on my computer for a while until someone finds a solution, or I got to another forum as suggested and check there, as I just got another BSOD which was Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal, I'm guessing it has something to do with my driver, as its in the name of it.
I had a few issues with BSOD while viewing movies.
I installed an app called Drivermax and it said that sound driver was out of date.
updated the driver and have not had any problem since.
also try an app called whocrashed.

Upvote 0

The BSOD

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 13, 2017
Good news, my computer stayed on long enough for me to download whocrashed and analyse. The BSOD that was KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDELED was apparently caused by the "following module: wof.sys (Wof+0x2EEDE)" The file path is C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\wof.sys. But I'm afraid about the bug check description... I'll skip a line down to say what I'm afraid about. "Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time." I'm not sure if that is useful to you guys though.

Upvote 0

RECdevicehelper

Level 2
Verified
Jun 3, 2017
Good news, my computer stayed on long enough for me to download whocrashed and analyse. The BSOD that was KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDELED was apparently caused by the "following module: wof.sys (Wof+0x2EEDE)" The file path is C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\wof.sys. But I'm afraid about the bug check description... I'll skip a line down to say what I'm afraid about. "Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time." I'm not sure if that is useful to you guys though.
Please could you try my suggestion.

Upvote 0

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
turn on Safe mode in msconfig and restart your PC, it will not load any drivers except essentials.
then maybe you can troubleshoot better

Upvote 0

The BSOD

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 13, 2017
I'll try the links you sent me, but while turning on my of, it got to the Windows logo and went loading, then the pc shut off, I'm on now trying to download it, but is that a bad sign?

Upvote 0

The BSOD

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 13, 2017
I ran 64, Tempurature is 43 C and Health Status is caution, looks bad, also down below, with the ID:5 and Attribute Name:Reallocated Sectors Count, there's a yellow circle at the side. All the others are blue. I'm trying the other link now. @RECdevicehelper

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.