Windows 10 version 2004 rollout imminent

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Good grief. How could they miss this...
Issue with older drivers for Nvidia display adapters (GPU)
Nvidia and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues with certain versions of Nvidia display adapter drivers and Windows 10, version 2004 (the Windows 10 May 2020 Update). Windows 10 devices with affected Nvidia display driver versions might receive a stop error with a blue screen or other issues during or after installing the update to Windows 10, version 2004. The affected drivers are any version lower than 358.00.

Protomartyr

Level 7
Sep 23, 2019
Other things of note (this is Windows 10 Home):
  • App & browser control menu (Windows Security) has been revamped.
    • Toggle for 'Potentially unwanted app blocking' has been added.
    • Exploit protection has been removed.
  • Privacy
    • Voice activation tab has a toggle for 'Choose your default app for headset button press'.
  • Search
    • Permissions & history tab has a toggle for 'Microsoft account' and 'Work or School account'
    • Searching Windows tab has an Indexer Performance section with a toggle to 'Respect Device Power Mode Settings"
  • Language tab (Time & Language) now separates display language into the following categories:
    • Windows display
    • Apps & websites
    • Regional format
    • Keyboard
    • Speech
  • Revamped network status page (Network & Internet).

Last edited:

tetridental73

Level 1
May 17, 2020
Hi, as far as I can see exploit protection is still there.
Annotation 2020-05-29 185039.png

L

Local Host

It would be adding more trauma on top of a feature update for some users! :LOL:

It appears they chickened-out of adding these since they were busy not fixing all of the insider bugs.:LOL: Oh, I'm being unusually cruel to M$! ;)

Edit: They should probably sneak Edge Chromium into a CU to ease the burden on users.
Knowing the Windows Userbase, you would find a good chunk of users whining Microsoft replaced Legacy Edge with Chromium Edge without their consent.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
What I really miss about old Edge was the smooth scrolling, currently the nearest thing is FF with WebRender.
Firefox's smooth scrolling is great even without WebRender. Chrome's scrolling hurts my eyes, Chromium Edge's scrolling is slightly better than Chrome but I agree old Edge had superior smooth scrolling. They showed everyone how it should be done.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
any review about the performance or stability of version 2004 vs 1909?
anything else that is worth noticing?
thank you
I did a clean installation and everything is fast, smooth and stable on my system. MS's claim about making start menu search better, faster with less CPU and disk usage is absolutely true. This is a much needed improvements in my opinion.

Die you try the smooth scrolling flag in Edge?
I did but still terrible compared to Firefox and the old Edge.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Knowing the Windows Userbase, you would find a good chunk of users whining Microsoft replaced Legacy Edge with Chromium Edge without their consent.
They removed the Start Menu not a million years ago against most beta testers wishes & stuck resolutely to their guns for some time - Seems MS have made big spheroids up with the graphics fiasco, takes some understanding? :confused::confused: Is Homer Simson now their CEO? - 2004 working very well on this Desktop but it's almost new hardware.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave Russo and Nevi
F

ForgottenSeer 85179

The potentially unwanted apps (PUA) blocking feature, previously available to Enterprise customers, is now broadly available with the Windows 10 May 2020 Update.
https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FEZMuejlVcAAyg4d.png

(y)

Found on Twitter / Nitter:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.