Windows 10 version 2004 rollout imminent

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I actually got 2004, I'm not sure where this should go but they completely revamped Cortana and I really don't like it. There's a whole different UI that I don't like and there's no more Hey Cortana.

Please tell me if this isn't the correct spot to post this (off topic, etc.)!View attachment 241541
Cortana was forced into Microsoft 365 Office. It's no longer available on Android, iOS or Desktop.

Edit: Added Link.

Last edited:
L

Local Host

I actually got 2004, I'm not sure where this should go but they completely revamped Cortana and I really don't like it. There's a whole different UI that I don't like and there's no more Hey Cortana.

Please tell me if this isn't the correct spot to post this (off topic, etc.)!View attachment 241541
Cortana is in BETA and missing some features, it was ported over to the Microsoft Store to get more regular updates and support, you'll need to wait as Microsoft updates it.

Hey Cortana is on the to-do list, so don't worry.

Last edited:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Did clean install 2004 from 1909 on my lappy so slow same as 1909 lmao i have the SSD 240GB and 4GB ram i think due to RAM thats why slow i havent use in a while anyway that's just for test no issues at all i guess...

Last edited:

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
Be aware of the defrag bug, which is not fixed yet (.264). Windows will try to defrag/trim HDD/SSD after every restart. You might want to disable it. :whistle:
Code:
schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Defrag\ScheduledDefrag" /Disable
sc config defragsvc start= disabled
how you revert those changes, defrag is no longer opening
edit: sc config defragsvc start= demand

Protomartyr

Level 7
Sep 23, 2019
Clean installed in a VM using the MCT. Haven't faced any issues so far.
  • When creating a user account, I like how "Offline Account" is now an option and we don't have to do any workarounds to make a local account.
  • For some reason I was under the impression that 2004 would include Edge (Chromium). However, it seems legacy Edge is still the default which is disappointing.

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Yeah, I also don't understand that.
This was an appropriate time to remove legacy Edge forever.
It would be adding more trauma on top of a feature update for some users! :LOL:

Same here. I was surprised to see Chromium Edge not installed. I was also expecting the new logo of Windows Security.

I remember seeing it when I installed 2004 in March but then it reverted to the old one

It appears they chickened-out of adding these since they were busy not fixing all of the insider bugs.:LOL: Oh, I'm being unusually cruel to M$! ;)

Edit: They should probably sneak Edge Chromium into a CU to ease the burden on users.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.