Windows 10 version 2004 rollout imminent

Windows 10
579 Replies 139,592 Views
I actually got 2004, I'm not sure where this should go but they completely revamped Cortana and I really don't like it. There's a whole different UI that I don't like and there's no more Hey Cortana.

Please tell me if this isn't the correct spot to post this (off topic, etc.)!View attachment 241541
Cortana was forced into Microsoft 365 Office. It's no longer available on Android, iOS or Desktop.

Edit: Added Link.

 
Last edited:
I actually got 2004, I'm not sure where this should go but they completely revamped Cortana and I really don't like it. There's a whole different UI that I don't like and there's no more Hey Cortana.

Please tell me if this isn't the correct spot to post this (off topic, etc.)!View attachment 241541
Cortana is in BETA and missing some features, it was ported over to the Microsoft Store to get more regular updates and support, you'll need to wait as Microsoft updates it.

Hey Cortana is on the to-do list, so don't worry.
 
Last edited:
Be aware of the defrag bug, which is not fixed yet (.264). Windows will try to defrag/trim HDD/SSD after every restart. You might want to disable it. :whistle:
Code:
schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Defrag\ScheduledDefrag" /Disable
sc config defragsvc start= disabled
how you revert those changes, defrag is no longer opening
edit: sc config defragsvc start= demand
 
Clean installed in a VM using the MCT. Haven't faced any issues so far.
  • When creating a user account, I like how "Offline Account" is now an option and we don't have to do any workarounds to make a local account.
  • For some reason I was under the impression that 2004 would include Edge (Chromium). However, it seems legacy Edge is still the default which is disappointing.
 
Yeah, I also don't understand that.
This was an appropriate time to remove legacy Edge forever.
It would be adding more trauma on top of a feature update for some users! :LOL:

Same here. I was surprised to see Chromium Edge not installed. I was also expecting the new logo of Windows Security.

I remember seeing it when I installed 2004 in March but then it reverted to the old one

It appears they chickened-out of adding these since they were busy not fixing all of the insider bugs.:LOL: Oh, I'm being unusually cruel to M$! ;)

Edit: They should probably sneak Edge Chromium into a CU to ease the burden on users.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top