Windows 10 version 2004 rollout imminent

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
@amico81 Why you dont use this way to fully disable Cortana?
The good thing is that Pro and enterprise users can disable Cortana via group policy.

I love Shutup10 too and use it. But first, I do the above.
I also fully disable Windows Defender via Group Policy.

Last edited:

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
By the way, I installed version 2004 as soon as it hit the RTM on this date:
1590674929373.png

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Did an upgrade yesterday evening.
No significant issues but found one bug.
The disk optimization tool doesn't remember that the drives where already analyzed and optimized today:
View attachment 241426
This is a known bug, it’s been known since sometime around January and they haven’t seemed to fix it. If you have a scheduled task to defrag regularly it will run on every restart because of this.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I have this also, Gandalf_The_Grey. After a restart. Again. I mentioned this bug earlier but it's definitely present. It was, however, fixed in a later Insiders Fast Ring Build. Why the fix didn't migrate to the release version is a mystery, plenty of Insiders complained about it, believe me.

I also have the tons of ESENT errors again in Event Viewer/Applications. The update only took 14 min. from A to B (desktop). But i"m not pleased with these re-occurring little pests. First time EVER I had an urge to roll back to 1909. :rolleyes::whistle::coffee:

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I have this also, Gandalf_The_Grey. After a restart. Again. I mentioned this bug earlier but it's definitely present. It was, however, fixed in a later Insiders Fast Ring Build. Why the fix didn't migrate to the release version is a mystery, plenty of Insiders complained about it, believe me.

I also have the tons of ESENT errors again in Event Viewer/Applications. The update only took 14 min. from A to B (desktop). But i"m not pleased with these re-occurring little pests. First time EVER I had an urge to roll back to 1909. :rolleyes::whistle::coffee:
Yeah, the fast ring was fixed in MARCH! I'm not going to roll back, turned off scheduled optimization for the time being. Not a big deal to me, but I reported the bug. Hopefully if enough people make noise it'll get fixed sooner rather than later.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
It seems ESET doesn’t play nice with 2004. Installed to test. Upon initial scan it runs fine until it hits Microsoft.HEIFImageExtension_1.0.31072.0_x64_8wekyb3d8bbwe\x86\maheif_store.dll. The first time it just scanned forever till I rebooted and the reboot hung. So I reimaged and reinstalled. Second time it hit that file the system froze. I’d say there seems to be a compatibility issue.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
It seems ESET doesn’t play nice with 2004. Installed to test. Upon initial scan it runs fine until it hits Microsoft.HEIFImageExtension_1.0.31072.0_x64_8wekyb3d8bbwe\x86\maheif_store.dll. The first time it just scanned forever till I rebooted and the reboot hung. So I reimaged and reinstalled. Second time it hit that file the system froze. I’d say there seems to be a compatibility issue.
Worth mentioning in the ESET forum.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Kaspersky with patch K is compatible.
I have no problems using KSC Free 20.0.14.1085(k) and it's in the release notes:
Patch K
Patch K for Kaspersky Security Cloud version 20.0.14.1085 was released on May 18, 2020.

In patch K:
  • We have added full support of Windows 10 version 2004.
  • Several application issues were fixed.
Maybe ESET will soon release an update/patch?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.