New Update Windows 11 22H2 closer to release, lands in the Release channel

Oldie1950

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2022
Yes they are. 💡

Win11 plays on aesthetics and elegance and yet there are graphical, visual flaws. This spoils the impression and hinders the adoption of the new system. ⛔
Besides, if such trivial bugs are present, what about functional and security bugs that are not even visible at first glance? :unsure:

:)
An operating system must function primarily. For me, such optical knick-knacks are meaningless and also not an indication of functional errors in the operating system.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Nvidia has finally fixed an issue on Windows 11, typically on version 22H2, which was leading to wrong GPU usage readings. The fix is delivered via its latest GeForce Game Ready WHQL-certified driver update version 526.98.

Nvidia found that a bug in the Desktop Window Manager (DWM) was leading to completely wrong GPU usage readings on its graphics cards. Users reported that the GPU usage readings on Task Manager were hovering at or very close to 100% even when the system, and specifically the graphics card, was almost completely idle.

czesetfan

Level 3
Dec 3, 2021
I should stop reading your posts the more I check the more broken win 11 seems

:D

I only use the pc for internet, e-mail and gaming. I rarely use any MS tools/apps at all so I would never notice stuff not obviously broken (like my clock).

View attachment 270676
To me it looks like "mixing" a high contrast theme into the standard view.
See here: Change color contrast in Windows - Microsoft Support

themes.png

Is it possible? :unsure:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
The latest version of AMD's chipset driver set for various platforms supporting Athlon, Ryzen, and Threadripper processors is here with release 4.11.15.342. It brings several fixes that solve issues causing blue screens of death (BSOD) happening on Windows 11 2022 Update (initial support added in August 2022) as well as in previous Windows versions.
You can download AMD Ryzen Chipset Driver 4.11.15.342 for 64-bit Windows 10 and Windows 11 from the official website. Full release notes are available in AMD's documentation.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Microsoft is investigating and working on fixing Remote Desktop issues on Windows 11 systems after installing the Windows 11 2022 Update.

"After installing Windows 11, version 22H2 (also called Windows 11 2022 Update), the Windows Remote Desktop application might stop responding when connecting via a Remote Desktop gateway or Remote Desktop Connection Broker," the company explained. "An example of this connection scenario is when connecting to a Remote Desktop Services collection. RemoteApp and Desktop Connections are ways in which this connection is accomplished."

Home users are unlikely to experience issues while using the app because it uses a connection process different than the one on enterprise devices, the ones affected by this known issue.

Redmond added that it's currently working on a resolution, with more details regarding this issue to be provided in a future update.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

While the bug(s) leading to such problems have not been fully resolved yet, Microsoft has published an update on the matter partially removing the block. On its health dashboard, the company writes:
November 22, 2022: The safeguard hold with the safeguard ID of 41990091 has been updated to only safeguard Windows devices which have one of the small subset of games and apps which are still affected by this issue.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Will this ever get fixed in Windows 11? Things are often cut-off at the bottom in some apps. They go behind the start menu. The issue has been present since the inception of Windows 11.
Or maybe it's up to the app developer to fix it to make their app window compatible with the Windows 11 start menu?
I know there are apps to make the start menu transparent which can enable me to see the whole thing or I can enable auto-hide taskbar, but that's not the point here.
11.gif

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
The Windows 11 2022 Update and its subsequent feature drop are now available for more users. The first major update for Microsoft's operating system adds many new features and fixes shortcomings of the initial release. Still, Microsoft is not done upgrading Windows 11 and adding extra capabilities. Here are five neat changes and improvements Microsoft added to Windows 11 preview builds after releasing its first feature updates.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
The operating system was released on October 5 last year but shifting stubborn consumers onto this software has proved challenging for top brass at Microsoft HQ in Redmond. According to Statcounter, a web analytics service that has tracking code installed on 1.5 million websites and records a page view for each, some 16.12 percent of Windows users had installed Windows 11 in November, higher than the 15.44 percent in the prior month, but likely still not close to the figures that Microsoft was hoping for.
It'll surprise no one that Windows remains the dominant desktop OS of choice by a country mile, with a market share of 75.09 percent. Apple's OS X remained in second spot with 15.63 percent, and Linux took 2.77 percent of the pie, with others, including FreeBSD, sitting well back.

Adoption of Windows 11 is touted by some PC makers to drive a refresh cycle next year, with businesses generally holding off on deploying the latest OS until around 18 months after launch.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
shifting stubborn consumers onto this software has proved challenging for top brass at Microsof
from above article.

Stubborn? Not all users who refuse to transition to 11 full time can be called "stubborn" Times are kind of tough in many countries; not everyone can plunk down the cash in order to simply keep up with Microsoft's capricious hardware demands and not everyone feels like tinkering around with tweaks and twerks in order to comply with those restrictions.

And then there's some of us, myself incl., who run it now and then and simply don't like it, period. It's not a popular OS for a host of reasons. I wouldn't say being "stubborn" is the primary one.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
The last few months have kept Microsoft bust with the launch of their new Windows 11. New features are slowly being rolled out as part of the new OS. One of the latest additions is a new Settings page that will give you information on your Microsoft account within your Windows 11 profile.

This page will replicate what's available on Microsoft's website. This includes information related to your account, your 365 subscription information, orders, payments, and rewards.

Windows 11 Settings Microsoft Subscriptions Integrated

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Last month, Microsoft confirmed that its latest Windows 11 version gives gamers headaches. The company said it found a bug kicking in GPU performance debugging features not meant for regular customers, resulting in degradation and stutters in various games. Microsoft placed an upgrade block to prevent the issue from spreading, making the affected system unable to install Windows 11 22H2. Now the problem is fixed, and the upgrade block was lifted.
The software giant says those affected by performance degradation in Windows 11 22H2 should install the latest cumulative updates released on December 14, 2022.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Microsoft seems to be working on bringing support for tabs to the default Windows plain text editor Notepad. A screenshot of an internal version of Notepad was posted to Twitter by a Microsoft Senior Product Manager.

The tweet has been deleted in the meantime, but the Web does not forget. A copy of it is available on the Internet Archive website [...]

windows notepad tabs

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.