Battle Windows Defender+Voodoshield Pro VS Kaspersky Internet Security (TAM)

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I love Kaspersky, but I think you're in perfectly good hands with WD and VD, plus it's light. I'm currently running Comodo firewall with Kaspersky antivirus, It's wat overkill and I don't need this level of protection I just enjoy trying out different combos. I'm thinking of going with WD, VD, SUA and SRP.

brod56

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I love Kaspersky, but I think you're in perfectly good hands with WD and VD, plus it's light. I'm currently running Comodo firewall with Kaspersky antivirus, It's wat overkill and I don't need this level of protection I just enjoy trying out different combos. I'm thinking of going with WD, VD, SUA and SRP.

That could definitely be overskill, I prefer light combos :)

brod56

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Kaspersky Total Security... in the U.S. there's a rebate offer over the past month that brings the cost to 3 US$.. that got me interested and so I've moved from Comodo/Qihoo to KTS. I like what I see so far, but as with any "total" package, there are exclusions you'll have to set for certain softwares to perform as you intend. That can be annoying at times.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
That could definitely be overskill, I prefer light combos :)
My system is running really smooth. But I have just switched to the WD + VD Shield combo. I like it so far, extremely responsive system but I find the newer versions of Kaspersky to be light. I know what you mean though it is over kill I just really enjoy playing with different combos lol.

Last edited:

brod56

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I personally recommend Kaspersky because Windows Defender doesn't provides full protection. It's good for basic protection if you don't have any AV. But don't use both at the same time. Disable Windows Defender whenever you want to use third party AV.

Windows Defender (not so bad as many think) is here just for some peace of mind. Voodoshield does its job on its own.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
If you know legitimate sites from bad sites and also have a decent ad blocker Windows Defender is all you need. See it's really 3 layers of defense 1. Brain/Common Sense 2. AdBlocker 3. Windows Defender I find it to have 0 performance impact and great results.:)
haha, I found the opposite :)
according to my experience, using Kaspersky is like putting 4 light dumbbells to your extremities all the time, 24/7, while with WD, it's like not putting any dumbbell but doing heavy weightlifting at certain time
WD, in so many occasions, caused very high CPU and disk activities
KIS was not that impactful on CPU and disk but the general system responsiveness was significantly reduced

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.