Advice Request Windows Defender w/ Hitman Pro Alert?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
This should be it, yes? — Windows Defender Browser Protection

I appreciate the link Gandalf. You shall definitely pass, servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist. Huge LoTR fan!

Hey Andy, thanks for the recommendation! I have some questions that I posted in the official H_C thread that Gandalf linked above. That way future users of H_C can find my questions and your answers in one place on the official thread. Whenever you have some free time, please answer them. I’m looking forward to using your app :)
Yes, that's the correct extension.
MS page: Windows Defender Browser Protection
Chrome web store: Windows Defender Browser Protection

No worries, I'm also a huge LOTR fan :D

PotentialUser

Level 1
Thread author
May 28, 2020
Yes, this is it.

Thank you!
Yes, that's the correct extension.
MS page: Windows Defender Browser Protection
Chrome web store: Windows Defender Browser Protection

No worries, I'm also a huge LOTR fan :D

Thank you for confirming the browser link and sending over the MS page!

Just read your reasoning for naming yourself Gandalf. I also watched all of the Lord of the Rings movies with my father many many years ago. We watched (and eventually bought) the Hobbit trilogy as well.

In fact, we both have a yearly ritual. In the Spring, we watch all three LotR movies (one per weekend so it takes up almost the entire month ~ 3 weeks). And every Winter we watch the Hobbit trilogy (same set-up; one per weekend). And we’ve been doing this for 15 + years now. We’re both huge fans of the series and it’s one of those comforting movie series we both bond over. Every time I visit him, we’ll randomly say a phrase or two from a specific scene to quiz each other on what the next response would be. I’m already looking forward to this year’s end for the Hobbit!

I’m sure if there is a place beyond this finite life of ours, your father is glad you kept him in mind with your username. It’s the little things and memories that matter the most in the end :)

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
i used hitmanpro.alert with wsa and now with eset. never had any issues. on the contrary, every malware sample that i throw at my system is either caught by my av, or by hitmanpro.alert. i allways said that hitman pro is a good addition to the security of a PC and guess i was right all the time.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.