Advice Request Windows Firewall Control - will Malwarebytes continue developing it as a separate product?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I didn't liked that decision because im using it as my main FW and I' noticing that their new improvements-features or modules patch's it's getting delayed for transition project reasons, also, it isn't having the necesary paid attention, I think the last update was released a few days ago, a total of 4 months it was unchanged, also, since the last updates in win7-64bit the use of memory has become intensive, In such a small program this shouldn't happen, but we're pending about the future of what will befall in this MB+BS merger.

The memory usage is NET Framework related. Ask the developer over at Wilders.

Reactions: Vasudev

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Well, the fact is that WFC 5.4.0.0 is free for everyone, including the notification feature. If later MB decides to integrate it in a security suite, v. 5.4.0.0 will still be free for everyone.
Maybe they will do something like they did with MBAE: perpetual beta free for everyone to test new features, then stable release available only on the paid suite

Reactions: Vasudev
L

Local Host

Well, the fact is that WFC 5.4.0.0 is free for everyone, including the notification feature. If later MB decides to integrate it in a security suite, v. 5.4.0.0 will still be free for everyone.
Maybe they will do something like they did with MBAE: perpetual beta free for everyone to test new features, then stable release available only on the paid suite
Suggest you save the free setup while you can, no telling what will happen.

Reactions: Vasudev and imuade
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.